Okie State Having Trouble Finishing Athletic Village

SUMG

I'm not a fan of Mr. Pickens. He has or had a lot of money and spends it mostly on athletic facilities for his alma mater when there are much more important things he could contribute it to. Just look at the Bill Gates' foundation and Buffet's too.

Might want to check out the T Boone Pickens $50 million donation to the UT Southwestern Medical Foundation or the other $50 Million donated to UT M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston both UT branded school and T Boone HATES UT. $25 million to the University of Calgary's Faculty of Medicine, $5-$10 Million to Downtown YMCA, and tens of millions to various organizations related to disadvantaged youth. These are just the few I know off the top of my head, OSU is one of many contributions but one of the few that is athletically related. His wife also made a huge donation to the OSU Vet School which has since be redirected due to a problem Mrs. Pickens had with some of the research going on. The portion of the Pickens donate is a larger percentage of their wealth than Gates and Buffet combined. Yes I'm a OSU and T Boone Fan!!

Edited by UNTnewbie

Note the huge cost for this glorified endzone complex: $180 million! :o Nice, but not that nice.

Here are more pics of their new endzone facility, locker room, and weight room ( click the 27 slide show pics) :

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.a..._B1_Interi68505

Got really lucky and got a semi-guided tour of the facility and the pics don't come close to doing justice to the Endzone complex. Locker room is so much better than what OU and TAMU have currently and totally out of TCU, TU, and Baylor's league (those are the only DI complexes I've been lucky enough to checkout personally. Training rooms look more like something from a high end 5-star resort but functional for any and all athletic treatments. One walk through this place and your tune would change no matter how jaded the look.

One walk through this place and your tune would change no matter how jaded the look.

OSU was way behind the stadium race in the Big 12 so maybe this can help them close the gap. It looks nice in pics but I'm still in shock over the price for an endzone facility...$180 mil. UNT is building a complete stadium for $78 mil.

I'm not a fan of Mr. Pickens. He has or had a lot of money and spends it mostly on athletic facilities for his alma mater when there are much more important things he could contribute it to. Just look at the Bill Gates' foundation and Buffet's too.

Before you completely jump his case, you might want to check your facts a bit. Boone Pickens gives large sums of money now and has for some time to many different causes. In fact there is a local children's home (I think called Happy Hill Farm) that has seen a good bit of his generosity. He does not have "Bill Gates or Warren Buffet Money" , but he sure gives a ton more away than what is reported to be given away by many of our more wealthy political "leaders", athletes and actors, actresses. Whether you like the guy or not...or like OSU for that matter or not...he does a good bit of "good things" with his money that many folks have no clue about.

Not ragging on your comment in a personal way, nana21, just letting folks know a bit more of the "facts" about the generosity of Mr. Boone Pickens.

OK, full disclosure time again, yes, I am also a grad of Oklahoma State U along with UNT. GO MEAN GREEN!