Bill Curry Trying To Build Georgia State Football Program

SUMG

Hey, this says there is hope for Dodge and NT.......

...................................................................................................

Here's a look at Curry's year-by-year head coaching record.

Year Team Record

1980 Georgia Tech 1-9-1

1981 Georgia Tech 1-10

1982 Georgia Tech 6-5

Hey, this says there is hope for Dodge and NT.......

...................................................................................................

Here's a look at Curry's year-by-year head coaching record.

Year Team Record

1980 Georgia Tech 1-9-1

1981 Georgia Tech 1-10

1982 Georgia Tech 6-5

What I was trying to remember was: Did Bama get rid of him after a 10-2 season? I mean he was in Kentucky the very next year----I don't think he'd make that move on his own. If Bama fired him for his record.....7-5, 9-3, and 10-2.......we should be so lucky as to have that problem.

What I was trying to remember was: Did Bama get rid of him after a 10-2 season? I mean he was in Kentucky the very next year----I don't think he'd make that move on his own. If Bama fired him for his record.....7-5, 9-3, and 10-2.......we should be so lucky as to have that problem.

from wikipedia:

"As a result the 1989 season, Bill Curry was honored as the SEC Coach of the Year by the Associated Press. Curry's three-year record of 26-10-0 gave him the highest winning percentage among Alabama coaches since Bear Bryant. However, Curry had an 0-3 record against Alabama's arch-rival Auburn University, and never once beat the Tigers in the twelve games he coached against them over his career.... After failing to beat in-state rival Auburn for the third straight year, Curry received a new contract offer from Alabama in early 1990 which contained clauses he disliked (no raise and removal of the power to hire and fire assistants). Curry soon resigned from Alabama and accepted a job as the head football coach at the University of Kentucky."