50 Things We Can Do Without In Sports

UNTflyer

3: The BCS and its blind insistence that a playoff will cheapen the regular season.

After glancing at the 2009 schedule, I think North Texas at Alabama, Charleston Southern at Florida, Delaware State at Michigan, Montana State at Michigan State, Idaho State at Oklahoma, and Towson at Northwestern cheapen it enough already.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...mp;sportCat=mlb

Ouch.

19: Alternate jerseys.

In some cases we can hardly stand the regular jerseys. So why make us suffer through a third design? Exception: the San Diego Padres' camos.

I really wanted to say the guy loses all cred with this statement...

30: NFL players who, in the taped TV introductions, say their name and then, "THE Ohio State University."

If you're going to be that smug, then you at least have to have an actual diploma from THE university.

...and totally redeems himself

One of my personal peeves in sports: the networks constant barrage of that slow motion instant-replay of an athlete's injury. I have stomache, yes, but how many care to see that left foot turn 180 degrees around the ankle?

Or, like the Southern Miss receiver last year, watch the lower leg completely snap in half on his way up to the ball.

No reason to see that.

Or, like the Southern Miss receiver last year, watch the lower leg completely snap in half on his way up to the ball.

Their was a UH player who ran into the golf cart(??) and snapped his leg in half against Marshall, pretty nasty. He is actually suing Marshall for having it so close to the playing field.

One of my personal peeves in sports: the networks constant barrage of that slow motion instant-replay of an athlete's injury. I have stomache, yes, but how many care to see that left foot turn 180 degrees around the ankle?

No reason to see that.

Unless it's Joe Theismann's broken leg. I can watch that all day.

Unless it's Joe Theismann's broken leg. I can watch that all day.

Man, I must've been about 11 or 12 when that happened and I saw it live. Then they re-played it over and over and over. I'm not gonna' say it traumatized me, but it's certainly nothing I could watch all day long. Yikes! Now had it been Joe Montana...