K-state In A Mess With Secret Fund To Ex-coach

NT80

Not to mention, the donors checkbooks are closed now, but come football season they'll come around.

Right, ok but what is the alleged violation here? Is there really anything illegal about overpaying a coach (even if it is hidden payments)? Yes it is stupid, and yes it will piss off the alumni and donors, but was there an actual NCAA violation here? Maybe I'm missing something.

Right, ok but what is the alleged violation here? Is there really anything illegal about overpaying a coach (even if it is hidden payments)? Yes it is stupid, and yes it will piss off the alumni and donors, but was there an actual NCAA violation here? Maybe I'm missing something.

I don't think there was any violation. I think the point was, How do they fund this dude's payoff when the donors are closing their checkbooks because of it?

it was done under the table without the school or there board knowwing. a promise of university funds that could not be promised but were made into a hidden contract. it was an expense that had to be reported to ncaa as expenditure or revenue for the prrogram but was not, that may be the violation.