Dems Plan To Hire Speed Reader To

Just when you thought things couldn't get any wackier:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124278191732237461.html

The thing that's wacky is that the Republicans would ask for it to be read, because they're too damn lazy to read it themselves.

The thing that's wacky is that the Republicans would ask for it to be read, because they're too damn lazy to read it themselves.

No they're not. They'd just like for an important piece of legislation to be read. Wasn't it the first of the Obama stimulus bills that no one had read...because it was rushed through?

That's all right with you.....?

No they're not. They'd just like for an important piece of legislation to be read. Wasn't it the first of the Obama stimulus bills that no one had read...because it was rushed through?

That's all right with you.....?

No, it's not. But how many bills have been read aloud word for word? I would venture to guess, not a majority of the bills passed by congress.

No, it's not. But how many bills have been read aloud word for word? I would venture to guess, not a majority of the bills passed by congress.

Oh I'd venture to say that most of the bills are read by staffers...if by anybody. But that stimulus bill that was ramrodded through...no one seemed to know what was in it. It was then later that all the surprises in the bill came to light.

I think that's why the Repubs are pulling this stunt. I applaud them for it.

A bill as far reaching and important as the stimulous bill should have been read word for word. It is to important. And you cannot say that it doesn't look bad that the party in power took the single largest spending bill ever and pushed it through the system with out time for I telligent and I formed debate because they did not give anyone time to read it. What did they have to hide if evrything was on the up and up?