Smith-cotton Tigers In Missouri

drex

Since this is the slow season, I thought I would tell you about the teams in my hometown of Sedalia, Missouri. Recently the board of education dictated that all teams in the school district would be called the Tigers and all teams would wear black and gold. This includes the elementary and middle schools. All football teams would run the same formations and when one elementary or middle school played another, one team is in white with gold and black and one in black with gold and white. Now that is rah rah. This all stemmed from the high school's recent successes and the town was so proud that they wanted every team to be the Tigers. Good idea? Crazy?

One HS town! Sounds like a decent idea to me if you have only one HS ala Southlake Carroll. Why not? Seems that way you can develop players early into a system that they will run as they get into HS. Go for it...works well in one HS towns I would think.

At least it will be easy to remember who to cheer for...just cheer for the Tigers! I just want to know how the town has survived all these years with drex moving away? And, his bride...both from the same HS.