Undrafted Free Agent Site (nfl)

SUMG

Guest GrayEagleOne

I really think that someone will take a chance with Fitz. He's simply had too much success on a poor team where he was often doubled. The only thing unfavorable about Casey is his 40 time. There may be some validity to looking for speed but there can be even more in accomplishments. Todd spotted his talent when he was an obscure walkon. Surely, some team will get curious.

Interesting that RB Ian Johnson (Boise State) was only signed as a free agent (Vikings). Thought he would be rated much higher than that.

From the NFL Draft site:

Negatives: Staggering sophomore production influenced by Boise State's offense. Unusual build for a running back, as Johnson has narrow shoulders and hips. Lacks elite timed speed. Runs a bit upright, leading to unnecessary punishment. Struggled with injuries as a sophomore and junior, leading to a decrease in playing time and raising questions about his durability. Has missed all or significant portions of games throughout his career due to a variety of injuries, including a punctured lung, bruised kidneys and torn knee ligaments. Will need an extensive medical check.

WOW...can't believe Fitz has not been signed by someone as yet. The guy can play and his numbers were awsome ona team that, otherwise, had little success. The guy can play...I have to believe someone will give him a shot, but then I thought the great Quinn would be "set" somewhere by now too. Any updates on Quinn? Have I missed something with Quinn?

Graham Harrel to the Cowboys?

The site had him going to Cleveland last night. Then it changed it to say that he would do a free agent tryout with the Cowboys. Well now, apparently they were right the first time. According to the DMNews...Harrell is signing with Cleveland.

As a Cowboys fan...I think Harrell would have been a good pickup. I think Harrell could have beaten out McGee for the 3rd QB job.

WOW...can't believe Fitz has not been signed by someone as yet. The guy can play and his numbers were awsome ona team that, otherwise, had little success. The guy can play...I have to believe someone will give him a shot, but then I thought the great Quinn would be "set" somewhere by now too. Any updates on Quinn? Have I missed something with Quinn?

J.Q. is with the Sas. Roughriders in the CFL.

Bears

RB Tyrell Fenroy (UL-Lafayette)

Bucs

S Terrence Moore (Troy)

S Marshall McDuffie (FIU)

Chiefs

DT Dion Gales (Troy)

Ravens

OL Greg Ryan (Western Kentucky)

Panthers

WR Jason Cherry (UL-Lafayette)

I noticed that an SMU punter got drafted, along with an Abilene Christian, West Texas A&M, and a number of non-FBS players.

I noticed that an SMU punter got drafted, along with an Abilene Christian, West Texas A&M, and a number of non-FBS players.

I thought the ACU guys were going to be free agent signees. But, they did well at the combines and post-season all-star games. They must have interviewed well, too. Of course, in Johnny Knox's case, it never hurts to have a 4.29 40 on your resume. If that guy makes the Bears, they could be lining up him and Devin Hester on kick returns...lotta speed.

The Central Arkansas had two players sign free agent deals - a QB and a TE. So far, we've had none. I think both of the ACU guys were JUCOs. Gee, someone knows how to evaluate and recruit JUCO talent. Any word on the JUCOs we signed in 2007 when these two inked with ACU?

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

I thought the ACU guys were going to be free agent signees. But, they did well at the combines and post-season all-star games. They must have interviewed well, too. Of course, in Johnny Knox's case, it never hurts to have a 4.29 40 on your resume. If that guy makes the Bears, they could be lining up him and Devin Hester on kick returns...lotta speed.

The Central Arkansas, another Division II school, had two players sign free agent deals - a QB and a TE. So far, we've had none. I think both of the ACU guys were JUCOs. Gee, someone knows how to evaluate and recruit JUCO talent. Any word on the JUCOs we signed in 2007 when these two inked with ACU?

I love the Ticket's coverage of the draft--Norm and crew do a great job. Anyway, when the ACU running back was drafted......it was pointed out that the young man ran for 4300 yards....the last two years. He had run for 1800+ yards his sophomore year at Blinn...before going to ACU. (He was a juco All American at Blinn, btw).

I love the Ticket's coverage of the draft--Norm and crew do a great job. Anyway, when the ACU running back was drafted......it was pointed out that the young man ran for 4300 yards....the last two years. He had run for 1800+ yards his sophomore year at Blinn...before going to ACU. (He was a juco All American at Blinn, btw).

Bernard Scott. Yeah, the kid went to four colleges: Southeastern Oklahoma, Central Arkansas, Blinn, and ACU. Talented, but troubled, somewhat.

Although, when you start reading about the stuff he got in trouble for, it wasn't that bad. No DUIs or drugs or guns. Got caught using his brother's ID once. Drove to his house to stop when police were trying to pull him over instead of just stopping up the road. Another charge dropped for supposedly stealing someone else's IPOD.

It all sounds like just poor judgement from time to time, not stuff he planned to do in advance. Maybe being at ACU for a couple of years has helped him. There's not much to do in Abilene, and ACU's conduct restrictions are pretty tight.

Although, it's worth noting that both boxer Tex Cobb and "wrestler" Bradshaw played football at ACU in years past, so who knows.

Cowboys signed a pretty good UFA quarterback....Rudy Carpenter of Arizona State.

I see that the Titans signed Alex Mortenson of Arkansas--a QB. I'm pretty sure that is ESPN NFL guru Chris Mortenson's son. My question: Did he even play that much at Arkansas? I sure don't remember it....if he did.

Cowboys signed a pretty good UFA quarterback....Rudy Carpenter of Arizona State.

I see that the Titans signed Alex Mortenson of Arkansas--a QB. I'm pretty sure that is ESPN NFL guru Chris Mortenson's son. My question: Did he even play that much at Arkansas? I sure don't remember it....if he did.

They signed another good one a few years back.