I'm On A Mission For The First Tailgate Next Year

oldguystudent

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir, I have lived in the deepest, darkest bowels of east Asia for an extended period of time with no contact to the western world. I assure you that the ingredients of a hot dog do not phase me.

Where in Asia? I have spent quite a bit of time there myself and, like you, am not deterred by eating spare parts that would make most cringe. Ever had balut or fried beetles? I think I even had a dog burger, but I could neither confirm nor deny that...I am quite sure it wasn't your typical ground beef of the bovine variety.

Where in Asia? I have spent quite a bit of time there myself and, like you, am not deterred by eating spare parts that would make most cringe. Ever had balut or fried beetles? I think I even had a dog burger, but I could neither confirm nor deny that...I am quite sure it wasn't your typical ground beef of the bovine variety.

I was in Korea with small junkets to Japan (for visa runs) and the Philippines and Thailand for vacation. I've seen things that'll make most grown men cry. I have most definitely had dog. No balut or beetles, but grasshoppers and silk worm pupa.

I hope you guys NEVER read the ingredients on the back of a hot dog package. If you do, you may never eat another.

What, you too high toned to eat sphincter, snout and ear?

Ketchup on a hot dog is horrible, but Flyer, chocolate milk is for the ages!

Edited by UNTLifer

I was in Korea with small junkets to Japan (for visa runs) and the Philippines and Thailand for vacation. I've seen things that'll make most grown men cry. I have most definitely had dog. No balut or beetles, but grasshoppers and silk worm pupa.

Haven't been to Korea or Thailand yet, but I have spent a fair amount of time in the Philippines, Hong Kong and Japan. The best food I found in the Philippines was lechon (think roast pig ala Hawaiian luau) although I've had far more interesting food adventures like the aforementioned beetles, balut and chicken intestines on a stick...bought from a street vendor. But, since the main subject of this thread pertains to hot dogs, I've had those in Asia too. They leave much to be desired:

hotdog.jpg

Ok, ok...I'm just joking. The only pictures I could find are of mini hot dogs, but they should illustrate my point (that being how red they look compared to American hot dogs):

IMG_2451.jpg

DSC04471.jpg

Oh, and good luck finding mustard. Some of the larger grocery stores have it but ketchup is the preferred hot dog condiment.

What, you too high toned to eat sphincter, snout and ear?

Ketchup on a hot dog is horrible, but Flyer, chocolate milk is for the ages!

Didn't say I wouldn't eat them...Although I do prefer the all beef dog, but I bet the average joe would be shocked by those things.

I have found the food that will bring world peace. I suggest presenting it to the state legislature to sway thing our way. Combining the two foods that no person can resist, gentlemen, I give you the hot dog pie.

2572902289_5cce012224.jpg?v=0

Not to bust oldguystudent, that looks like a strawberry pie.