Your 1st Place Texas Rangers

Does anyone know when the last time the Rangers scored more than 7 runs in a game? Seems like forever.

They beat the Yankees 7-3 on 5/26. 14-1 win over the A's on May 30th. Before that a 10 run outburst over the Angels at home on May 15th. The bats are not what they have been in years past, but at least the pitching and defense is better, hopefully they can figure some things out by the Bay this weekend. They need to win this series, but that Ballpark is not condusive to their style of offense.

Edited by Green Guy Bass

No hitting (again) in a great pitching performance by Holland. This could be the last day of your 1st place Texas Rangers. I know everyone thinks Jaromillo is a god around here, but when does accountability for Saltalamaccia, Davis, and other can't miss hitting prospects roll around his way??

This kind of play is what alot of people have been waking for. We have Los five in a row and are aout to lose another. If we get out of this soup we can turn it around and I think they will

This is the Texas rangers we are all used to...

Yes, the end is upon us. A month of hitting .208 is a pretty good sample pool. Again, why does Jaramillo get all the credit and none of the critizism? .208 for a freakin month? really? .168 with runners in scoring position in the same month? really? Swing from your heels at balls that bounce in front of the plate? really? This is a trend, not a one week deal.

How I wish this team would have learned from the LA Dodgers how to work counts and be situational hitters. I really wish Jaramillo knew how to instruct this way.

This kind of play is what alot of people have been waking for. We have Los five in a row and are aout to lose another. If we get out of this soup we can turn it around and I think they will

This is the Texas rangers we are all used to...

I think Paul Simon wrote this about the Rangers;

Slip sliding away, slip sliding away

You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away

Whoah and I know a man, he came from my hometown

He wore his passion for his woman like a thorny crown

He said Dolores, I live in fear

My love for you's so overpowering, I'm afraid that I will disappear

chorus

I know a woman, (who) became a wife

These are the very words she uses to describe her life

She said a good day ain't got no rain

She said a bad day is when I lie in the bed

And I think of things that might have been

chorus

And I know a father who had a son

He longed to tell him all the reasons for the things he'd done

He came a long way just to explain

He kissed his boy as he lay sleeping

Then he turned around and he headed home again

chorus

Whoah God only knows, God makes his plan

The information's unavailable to the mortal man

We're workin' our jobs, collect our pay

Believe we're gliding down the highway, when in fact we're slip sliding away

The most frustrating thing here is that there has been a glaring issue at 1stbase for over a month now, and because of the financial hell that old Hicks Co. is in at the moment the club cannot spenda ny money and probably can't go over 1-2 million in adding salary with a possible trade for a Nick Johnson, Brad Hawpe, Aubrey Huff, and the like. JD and Nolan are handcuffed because of this and a 4.5 game lead has evaporated in 2 weeks. You think this kind of crap happens in NY, Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, LA, or any other legit baseball town? Hell no. The bottom line is way more important that winning to Hicks these days. he tried to spend dollars in the early part of this decade, and it bit him in the ass because he had poor baseball people in high places within the organization. Now there are some decent baseball people, and his old insecurites are cutting their legs off. So dmned frustrating.

Also, I don't want anyone here to preach 2010 and stay the course, because you know what?? Tomorrow is never ever promised in sports. You do everything you can to win right now. Hell look at the Diamondbacks. They got to the NLCS 2 years ago with a bunch of great prospects, but where are they now?? Oh yeah, dead last in the NL west, the same place our favorite team could very well be in in 2010. I like our prospects as much as anyone, but when you don't have the sack or the respect for your fans to note make a move when things are in a free fall is f'ing ridiculous.

You can't sell this thing soon enough Mr. Hicks.

The most frustrating thing here is that there has been a glaring issue at 1stbase for over a month now, and because of the financial hell that old Hicks Co. is in at the moment the club cannot spenda ny money and probably can't go over 1-2 million in adding salary with a possible trade for a Nick Johnson, Brad Hawpe, Aubrey Huff, and the like. JD and Nolan are handcuffed because of this and a 4.5 game lead has evaporated in 2 weeks. You think this kind of crap happens in NY, Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, LA, or any other legit baseball town? Hell no. The bottom line is way more important that winning to Hicks these days. he tried to spend dollars in the early part of this decade, and it bit him in the ass because he had poor baseball people in high places within the organization. Now there are some decent baseball people, and his old insecurites are cutting their legs off. So dmned frustrating.

Also, I don't want anyone here to preach 2010 and stay the course, because you know what?? Tomorrow is never ever promised in sports. You do everything you can to win right now. Hell look at the Diamondbacks. They got to the NLCS 2 years ago with a bunch of great prospects, but where are they now?? Oh yeah, dead last in the NL west, the same place our favorite team could very well be in in 2010. I like our prospects as much as anyone, but when you don't have the sack or the respect for your fans to note make a move when things are in a free fall is f'ing ridiculous.

You can't sell this thing soon enough Mr. Hicks.

I used to think Scott Boras was the baseball anit-christ, but I now realize it is Tom Hicks (not to mention soccer anti-christ and Arlington development anti-christ). Mr. Promise the Moon and Deliver Nothing. Please, God, end the devil's reign and send someone with the least bit of sense to buy this franchise.

Just ask the fans of the English soccer club how they feel about Hicks. Or, for that matter, the Arlington City Council, who has twice relied on promises from Tom Hicks for development around the ballpark and Cowboy Stadium, only to get squat. Please, move to NY or New Jersey, Mr. Hicks.

Edited by UNT90

I used to think Scott Boras was the baseball anit-christ, but I now realize it is Tom Hicks (not to mention soccer anti-christ and Arlington development anti-christ). Mr. Promise the Moon and Deliver Nothing. Please, God, end the devil's reign and send someone with the least bit of sense to buy this franchise.

Just ask the fans of the English soccer club how they feel about Hicks. Or, for that matter, the Arlington City Council, who has twice relied on promises from Tom Hicks for development around the ballpark and Cowboy Stadium, only to get squat. Please, move to NY or New Jersey, Mr. Hicks.

Or Austin, where can see (and pay) his beloved wHorNs without having to use FedEx.

So, do we change the title of this thread to "YOUR SECOND PLACE RANGERS" now? Just wondering. hey, with the bats beginning to come alive and with Hamilton about to re-join the line-up AND with the series with LA coming up, I think the Rangers have an excellent shot at re-taking 1st place and being there over the All Star break.

What say you?

I was hoping we would make it in 1st until the All Star Break.

Maybe they can rebound instead of the more usually wheels off spiral down after the break.

They have 3 with the Angels beginning tomorrow. Hate to call a series at the beginning of July huge, but this series could dictate a tone heading toward the break. At least we have interesting baseball heading into the same month that Cowboys camp gets up and flying...which is nice.

They have 3 with the Angels beginning tomorrow. Hate to call a series at the beginning of July huge, but this series could dictate a tone heading toward the break. At least we have interesting baseball heading into the same month that Cowboys camp gets up and flying...which is nice.

They have definitely made baseball interesting past middle April for the first time since 2004(?).

Losing 2-0 in the bottom of the ninth to the lowly Padres. I don't know if the bats will ever awaken. A week is a slump, a month is a trend.

Can't believe they were one-hit by the Padres, one of the worst teams in baseball who take the series at home from the Rangers. Not a good feeling going into the Angels series.

Again, when does Jaramillo start taking some heat? The hitting is comparable to a pitching staff that has a 7.00 ERA

Edited by UNT90

They have definitely made baseball interesting past middle April for the first time since 2004(?).

Losing 2-0 in the bottom of the ninth to the lowly Padres. I don't know if the bats will ever awaken. A week is a slump, a month is a trend.

Can't believe they were one-hit by the Padres, one of the worst teams in baseball who take the series at home from the Rangers. Not a good feeling going into the Angels series.

Again, when does Jaramillo start taking some heat? The hitting is comparable to a pitching staff that has a 7.00 ERA

I know hitters swear by him, but what has ever done besides take on reclamation projects later busted or linked to steroids or big sluggers linked to steroids? Davis came up last year without his help and hit the ball over the park - now he just tries to pull every thing like the rest of the line up. It can't be a happy coincidence.

I know hitters swear by him, but what has ever done besides take on reclamation projects later busted or linked to steroids or big sluggers linked to steroids? Davis came up last year without his help and hit the ball over the park - now he just tries to pull every thing like the rest of the line up. It can't be a happy coincidence.

I would love to see someone research the last two years (07-08) of games the Rangers played against good starting pitchers (4.0 ERA or less) and see how the Rangers offense did against these pitchers compared to the rest of the league. Would also like to see a comparison of games the Rangers played against bad starting pitching (5.0 or higher) and see how the Rangers compared to the rest of the league against these guys.

My sneaking suspicion is that the Rangers punish the bad pitchers at a higher pace than the rest of the league, but are worse than the rest of the league against the good pitchers. And I base that only on my limited but vast knowledge of MLB and absolutely no research. Anyone care to check?

One could make the argument that nobody has benefitted more from the steroid era more that Rudy. I attended tonights game and just got in. We had seats 25 rows behind home plate, and I was miserable the entire time. That should not be. I fear 3rd place before the break. Now that would be a Wolvorine Dura-shock to the pills.