Stadium Design

I noticed on the newspaper description of the stadium there was no mention of a "club level" as in the previous design...you know, the large area with tables, a large bar, great view, etc as was in the previous design....is this now gone?

I don't like this design as well as the model shown previously.....it apprears to have a design inline with either SMU's or T Tech's stadium....hard to tell with the drawings....here I am talking about the bleacher design only. I don't have a problem with that...think the TT design is fine.....I do think they would be better off getting rid of the upper level of end zone seating and build a deck on the student side....much better seating

I'm not so sure I like the AC that far from the stadium endzone. Why not either move the stadium closer to the AC or build an extention out from the AC...like a 2nd floor platform (deck) to fill out the gap between the endzone seating with walk thru on the ground floor...this also providing shade from the sun.

I suspect what is built at the onset is all that will ever be built. The only way you will ever see expansion of this stadium is if UNT is admitted to the Big 12, etc....and the chances are..?????..you are right , they are zero to o.ooooo1.

I noticed on the newspaper description of the stadium there was no mention of a "club level" as in the previous design...you know, the large area with tables, a large bar, great view, etc as was in the previous design....is this now gone?

Unless I am reading it wrong or imagining it, it is still there. They handed out a very nice binded folder complete with all green (more darker than kelly) color and it still showed what you are speaking of.

The club level is still there, I believe they said 750 seats available. Our buddy SUMG is getting more info on that specific topic today. As far as the stadium design, like others I'm in favor of a single level (tall) home and student side (no upper decks) with lessor endzone sections. I too liked the previous model and hope they have a new model available soon so we can get a better 3-dimensional view of this version. I believe from the drawings that the lower seating bowl will be continuous around like a horseshoe. There will be breaks between upper seating sections in the corners, at ground level. It will be better than what we have.

Edited by NT80

The club level is still there, I believe they said 750 seats available. Our buddy SUMG is getting more info on that specific topic today. As far as the stadium design, like others I'm in favor of a single level (tall) home and student side (no upper decks) with lessor endzone sections. I too liked the previous model and hope they have a new model available soon so we can get a better 3-dimensional view of this version. I believe from the drawings that the lower seating bowl will be continuous around like a horseshoe. There will be breaks between upper seating sections in the corners, at ground level. It will be MUCH better than what we have.

...corrected

Guest GrayEagleOne

The club level is still there, I believe they said 750 seats available. Our buddy SUMG is getting more info on that specific topic today. As far as the stadium design, like others I'm in favor of a single level (tall) home and student side (no upper decks) with lessor endzone sections. I too liked the previous model and hope they have a new model available soon so we can get a better 3-dimensional view of this version. I believe from the drawings that the lower seating bowl will be continuous around like a horseshoe. There will be breaks between upper seating sections in the corners, at ground level. It will be better than what we have.

I know that your design would be great for the fans but isn't very practical.

There needs to be a break (tiers) in the lower deck. If there is one continuous stand, we would have to come in either at the top or the bottom and walk forever to get to our seat. If we come in at the middle (which would probably be ground level) we would only have half as far to walk. To an old codger like me, that's important.

In most of the FBS stadiums the top of the end zone needs to be no lower than ground level. Yes, I know that it's not rocket science to understand that the end zone seats are the least desirable but I think that they are necessary to up the seating capacity. I seem to recall sitting up high in the end zone is preferable to sitting down low. Also, since one end of the stadium will be open we need some additional seats to get the 32,000 capacity that we want.

This is supposedly not the finished design but there may not be a lot of modifications to be made. I believe that the suite level and club level are set. The rest is just window dressing.

I know that your design would be great for the fans but isn't very practical.

There needs to be a break (tiers) in the lower deck. If there is one continuous stand, we would have to come in either at the top or the bottom and walk forever to get to our seat. If we come in at the middle (which would probably be ground level) we would only have half as far to walk. To an old codger like me, that's important.

In most of the FBS stadiums the top of the end zone needs to be no lower than ground level. Yes, I know that it's not rocket science to understand that the end zone seats are the least desirable but I think that they are necessary to up the seating capacity. I seem to recall sitting up high in the end zone is preferable to sitting down low. Also, since one end of the stadium will be open we need some additional seats to get the 32,000 capacity that we want.

This is supposedly not the finished design but there may not be a lot of modifications to be made. I believe that the suite level and club level are set. The rest is just window dressing.

? It's not my design, it is the current renderings that have the desired single level. Decks refer to seperated sections like the Cotton Bowl, upper and lower deck levels with their own supports and entry portals. Sections is what Fouts has, an upper and lower section with single portal for access to both and usually a walkway between them, but not always. Large and tall single-level sections sometimes have upper and lower portals (like OU's lower section). Expect no major modifications. Eric Capper was quoted in the DRC as saying the design is basically set as drawn/shown with maybe just some minor tweaks for engineering.

See Utah's Stadium for a desired amount of single-level seating and few endzone seats....

http://ncaafootball.com/image_lib/stadiums_utah.jpg

Edited by NT80