Spring Game

Dodge2007

I truly expect the offense to dominate this defense especially on the first team.

Cam will have a big scrimmage which will open up huge holes for Riley to run circles all over this defense with the zone read play because the defense will be caving in on Cam early on to stop him and the OLB's do not have the speed to stop Riley on the outside.

Expect Dodge to insure that Riley has a huge spring game. I believe that some Wr's are going to take it to the house on some easy hitch throws and catches.

First pass of the game will be a bubble screen. Get the confidence early.

Special teams will be interesting. Jackson will make a huge impression just like last season in returning kicks.

I think Tobe and Gilmore will be solid but other than that, don't expect much out of this defense. The offense just like last season moves the ball at will on this defense.

Will Deloach make a difference or will the offense steal the show again?

Either way, it should be fun to watch and my buddies and I will all be toasted before and after the game.

gmg

I just got back home, and I would say it looked like a very fundamental scrimmage. The defenses looked better than the offenses, but the offenses did not execute well overall. RD ran the zone read play better than he passed, but the wind was a factor. The offensive line looked bigger than last year's, and the linebackers attacked well. I would definitely say this is going to be an improved team over Dodge's first 2, once it gets more in sync.

WOW!

What a let down. Riley is nowhere near the throwing QB people think he is. I didn't see all this magic about him knowing the offense like a coach. Actually, I saw a fragile kid who wouldn't start this season if #15 was here.

Sorry but so true. Blunt hurts but we have a long way to go.

Last spring we threw all over the defense with a much worse set of WR's.

Todd even said so that we have way more talent this spring at WR than he has ever had.

This is college football. This isn't SLC when they could dominate on scheme and talent that was superior to all the teams they faced except for Trinity.

The fun was in the parking lot and seeing the layout for the new stadium. Other than that, this scrimmage was very unimpressive.

I truly expect the offense to dominate this defense especially on the first team.

Cam will have a big scrimmage which will open up huge holes for Riley to run circles all over this defense with the zone read play because the defense will be caving in on Cam early on to stop him and the OLB's do not have the speed to stop Riley on the outside.

Expect Dodge to insure that Riley has a huge spring game. I believe that some Wr's are going to take it to the house on some easy hitch throws and catches.

First pass of the game will be a bubble screen. Get the confidence early.

Special teams will be interesting. Jackson will make a huge impression just like last season in returning kicks.

I think Tobe and Gilmore will be solid but other than that, don't expect much out of this defense. The offense just like last season moves the ball at will on this defense.

Will Deloach make a difference or will the offense steal the show again?

Either way, it should be fun to watch and my buddies and I will all be toasted before and after the game.

gmg

No

Yes and No

No

No

No

No

Yes and No

Yes

I just got back home, and I would say it looked like a very fundamental scrimmage. The defenses looked better than the offenses, but the offenses did not execute well overall. RD ran the zone read play better than he passed, but the wind was a factor. The offensive line looked bigger than last year's, and the linebackers attacked well. I would definitely say this is going to be an improved team over Dodge's first 2, once it gets more in sync.

I agree that the offensive line looked strong... until the last series where the defense scored sacks on consecutive plays.

This scrimmage was very controlled. We couldn't really see how well Riley would scramble in a pinch because they would blow the whistle if anyone came within 2 steps of a sack. The few times he was actually allowed to scramble it became clear that the kid has speed, which will keep defenses honest next season.

UNT says attendance was 4500. If you believe that, I have some great golf course property to sell you in Denia.

Attendance was better than I expected but not that high. That would be half of the home side packed in every seat. Maybe half that again.