Drawing Of New Stadium

The dmn has an article and a drawing in today's sports. This stadium will change the perception of The University of North Texas forever! It makes you feel really good just looking at it. I can not imagine what it will feel like actually walking into the new stadium. WOW, is that really us?

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...4.9e7ecc21.html

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a great day to be part of the MEAN GREEN NATION....I sure hope the turnout is a good one for the tailgate and the game. For all the "Doubting Thomas" folks out there, I sure hope this helps get them "on board". I am keeping my fingers crossed. Paper said that several folks have already made pledges of $1,000,000 or more. In this economy, that does seem like a good start. I wonder how many "several" are in this case.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

I have my doubts about anybody in the denton community caring. To many of them, it's a waste of money, and for some reason they think it's the university's job to pave the roads of denton.

Edited by filmerj

I have to give you credit, there were more than 2000 people there. Nice designs on the stadium and that endzone idea is pretty interesting.

That's great to hear, wish i could have been out there with you guys. Did you bring cookies, man I love those things, and OSG's rum cake. MMM rummy.

That's great to hear, wish i could have been out there with you guys. Did you bring cookies, man I love those things, and OSG's rum cake. MMM rummy.

I did. I went ahead and doubled the recipe so that if any were left, Lazer would have something to take home and snack on. We did miss you.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Last year, the day before I quit working, I bought a liter of Appleton Estate 12yo rum in the Montego Bay airport. I drank maybe three shots of it, and used the rest for banana bread. Only a couple drams left now. I'm accepting liquid ingredient donations for the coming football season.

ETA -- Missed all of you today. I tried to get there. Really I did. I don't know if Tasty relayed the frustration in my voice. It just wasn't to be. Anybody care to join me for some redneck bleacher action at softball next weekend?

Edited by oldguystudent

I want to preface this by saying that any stadium is better than what we have....NOW...after looking at the new rendering I must admit that I think the original rendering is MUCH better. With this new stadium I do not like the endzones at all. One of them is flat and grassy and the other side is in the shape of something that looks like a piece of a roof at sonic. Also the stadium bleachers are really flat as well...I cannot see that this rendering would do anything as far as keeping in ANY sound what-so-ever. I was hoping that with the bottom bowl it would actually be a bowl, and a continuous one so that it is easy to focus on the game with limited distractions and keep in sound...but it is clear that there are two distinct sections with some middle bleachers. I think that the stadium needs to have the bleachers more vertical and that the bowl needs to be complete all the way around with an opening at the end with the athletic facility.

I want to preface this by saying that any stadium is better than what we have....NOW...after looking at the new rendering I must admit that I think the original rendering is MUCH better. With this new stadium I do not like the endzones at all. One of them is flat and grassy and the other side is in the shape of something that looks like a piece of a roof at sonic. Also the stadium bleachers are really flat as well...I cannot see that this rendering would do anything as far as keeping in ANY sound what-so-ever. I was hoping that with the bottom bowl it would actually be a bowl, and a continuous one so that it is easy to focus on the game with limited distractions and keep in sound...but it is clear that there are two distinct sections with some middle bleachers. I think that the stadium needs to have the bleachers more vertical and that the bowl needs to be complete all the way around with an opening at the end with the athletic facility.

I'm in favor of anything that will keep the stadium noise in the stadium and the outside noise outside the stadium!