Guest JohnDenver

So how is one life more important than another in your conservative thinking.

I have always found this contradiction interesting as well. Children are born into sin, right? No one is innocent, which is why we spend our lives repenting to get into heaven?

No one life is more important than another--that is exactly my point. You show respect for life when you adequately punish the unlawful taking of it: "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man" (Gen. 9:6).

I believe a human being's life is still just as valuable regardless of whether or not he has fully exited his mother's womb.

I have always found this contradiction interesting as well. Children are born into sin, right? No one is innocent, which is why we spend our lives repenting to get into heaven?

I am not sure where you got this idea. Sin is something we do, not inherit. I'm not sure why I would ever have to repent of (change my mind about) something I never did in the first place.

No one life is more important than another--that is exactly my point. You show respect for life when you adequately punish the unlawful taking of it: "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man" (Gen. 9:6).

I believe a human being's life is still just as valuable regardless of whether or not he has fully exited his mother's womb.

The law disagrees with you. There is no life until he or she have exited the mother's womb.

The law disagrees with you. There is no life until he or she have exited the mother's womb.

This line of discussion has been held on this board countless times. However, I think you are the first to go so far as to say "there is no life." The Roe v. Wade ruling to which you are appealing simply concluded that the justices could not determine with absolute certainty in their minds whether an unborn child was a person. While I disagree with their ruling, even they did not go so far as to say "there is no life." An unborn child has his or her own DNA (I might note that it is human DNA), thus is a life distinct from his or her mother. Explain to me how there can be a heartbeat and brain activity where "there is no life."

I don't see the conservative stance on abortion vs death penalty as an enigma... innocent child aborted = murder. Putting to death a murderer is not.

The odd stance is that of the liberal. Slaying the unborn is a choice, killing a murderer is wrong.

My view is this. Abortion is OK up to a point. Where that point is, I could not say but I would think that up to 4 or 5 months is a reasonable restriction on abortion, except to save the life of the mother. By 4 months, one can determine if one is pregnant, and most birth defects can be detected by then.

I oppose the death penalty, but not on moral grounds. Executions are expensive, time-consuming, and drag out the process of justice for the families. I feel there should be a special prison for murderers where inmates are locked down 23 hours a day, allowed out 1 hour a day for optional time in a solitary exercise yard.

Edited by UNTflyer

The odd stance is that of the liberal. Slaying the unborn is a choice, killing a murderer is wrong.

I'll help ya. We don't view abortion as slaying the unborn...rather the medical decision of the woman. As to the death penalty, we tend to subscribe to your theory involving the cost aspectand inadequate punishment, as well as its lack of serving as a deterent. Also, I believe that we as a society have advanced if ever so slightly beyond the days of Hammurabi...that violence is never appeased by violence...and that in some sense the death penalty actually puts a value to the life of the person who was murdered.

I'll help ya. We don't view abortion as slaying the unborn...rather the medical decision of the woman.

Medical decisions are made to benefit health. A woman with child is a healthy thing. When two heartbeats go in to see a doctor and only one comes out--by intention--that decision was not a medical decision.

Medical decisions are made to benefit health. A woman with child is a healthy thing. When two heartbeats go in to see a doctor and only one comes out--by intention--that decision was not a medical decision.

Look, dude...I get it. However, nothing you have to say will in anyway sway my opinion, nor the opinion of the millions of people who disagree with you. So feel free to sanctimoniously defend your positition on an internet message believing that you're making a difference

Look, dude...I get it. However, nothing you have to say will in anyway sway my opinion, nor the opinion of the millions of people who disagree with you. So feel free to sanctimoniously defend your positition on an internet message believing that you're making a difference

It's sad when one admits that facts cannot change his opinion.

Guest JohnDenver

It is a contradiction that both sides often conflict on on "life."

Given that life is precious, regardless, why do libs want to save death row inmate, yet want to choose an abortion?

Given that life is precious, regardless, why do Christians want to save a fetus, yet want to kill for certain crimes?

I said nothing about how I feel about death row...

The other contradiction:

..is that libs want to be in line with the majority of the world. No death row. Allow medical abortions.

..is that Christians want to be in line with the majority of Islam countries. Yes to death row. No to abortions.