Mg Ath Site...spring Preview Ol

OldTimer

Guest GrayEagleOne

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...;ATCLID=3704525

This article doesn't mention Jenkins, JC Jeremy Bean and our freshman who will I believe be red shirted. This should be one strength of our team next season

Jenkins is mentioned in the last sentence but Jeremy Bean is not. I can understand their not mentioning anyone who is not here this spring because until they actually enroll they cannot be counted upon. We can talk about them by analysts or information guys seldom do.

We usually judge offensive lines based on the number of sacks allowed but thisse linemen are even better than that statistic. I've observed several times that the sack wasn't due to the rusher beating a lineman but because there was no one to block a blitzing linebacker or safety. Either the running back missed a block, was elsewhere involved in the pattern or there were seven rushing the quarterback.

These guys are good and I hope that we can play at least ten in every game. That keeps fresh bodies in the game at all times and gives experience. After all, there's only two seniors in this group of linemen.