Unt Spirit Eggs Recipe!

JesseMartin

I was feeling spirited and hopeful about next season and decided to see if I could whip something up for breakfast. Some of it sounds a little weird, but when combined, it's great, so give it a try sometime!

Ingredients:

5 egg whites

1/4 oz green peppers, diced

1/4 oz onions, diced

1/2 oz cream cheese

1 oz avocado, diced

1 oz queso (optional)

Directions: Easy! Cook your egg whites scrambled or omelette-style. Onions and green peppers can be cooked in or sprinkled on at the end. Smear cream cheese on top of eggs when they're done and add avocado. Queso, though neither green nor white, is sometimes NEARLY white and makes a tasty addition.

Yay! Green and white spirit eggs!

I dusted off the ole infomercial juicer and tried vodka and fresh squeezed kiwi juice in the same vein. Needed something sweet in it. But hey! It was spirit spirits!

Hmmm...maybe make it a large shot with sugar on the rim?

• 4 years later...

Yay! If you're ever feeling really adventurous, try white cheddar and fresh kiwi in place of the other cheeses and veggies. You can make omelettes with fruit, but usually it doesn't blend well with veggies.

• Upvote 1

Sounds good ...not the least bit weird at all.

If my son and I made a recipe book of some of our creations it would include but not be limited to the following:

Rabbit pizza - a true party favorite

Deer lasagna - my son has been told repeatedly it's the best they ever tasted ( use a doe)

Squirrel tacos - when my son's inlaws were told what they had just eaten, one comment was, "I did not see that coming."

Duck burgers - watch out for steel shot when you grind your duck

Fried fish eggs - I recommend crappie eggs as they go well with fish tacos

Turtle stew - actually I caught a huge one when I was a kid and my dad cooked it.....we told mom after her 3rd helping

Duck calzone - the secret is to use a sweet potato when you make the dough

Frog legs - use a heavy lid when you fry the legs as they may kick off the lid.....really

Duck and dumplings - canned bisquit dough works if you are in a hurry

Quail (barbecued or grilled) - good any way you cook them (slow cooker works well for barbcue)

Grilled dove - wrap it in bacon with a slice of jalapeno (September is a good time for grilled doves & UNT tailgating)

I hope I gave you a few laughs and some ideas for a little variety the next time you tailgate.

• Upvote 2

I've never had the chance to learn how to hunt, but right before we left Texas I had a neighbor who would give us some of his venison. I made pot roast, steaks and stew and then shared them with him. I'd really like the chance to play with game-style cooking more often, because you can do some pretty wild stuff due to the strong flavor of the meat that wouldn't work with most other meats.

I've never thought about frying fish eggs before, though; do you batter them or just straight-up fry them?

• Upvote 1

Egg whites, part skim mozzarella, spinach omelette with a dash or red pepper or hot pepper sause.

One fun thing I do with spinach sometimes is put the eggs, cream/half & half, and spinach in the blender and hit "pulse" a few times. Then the spinach cooks in little chunks in the eggs. And when I use onions and peppers, I usually sautee them first and then add them to the eggs in the omelette so they cook in as well. If you use jalapenos, you pretty much have to either sautee them first (to burn out some of the acid) or fold them in after the whole thing is done cooking; otherwise, they make the eggs cook weird and the omelette tends to stick to the pan.

• Upvote 1

If you grow a garden and have a lot of basil, make a pesto out of basil. Blend a bunch of basil, olive oil, a little garlic, parmesan cheese, and a few pine nuts (or walnuts or pecans). What you don't use for pasta, you can use in place of butter when you make an omelet.

If you grow any type of summer squash, you can cook the blossoms with eggs. After the bees have done their job in the morning, pick the male flowers. (The ones without a little squash.).....Try them coated with pancake batter and fried. They come out looking like little bells and are very sweet.

Zucchini blossoms are sold all over Europe, but I've never seen them sold here.

Are you saying to use the whole pesto instead of butter? That's interesting, I never thought of that. What about the fish eggs...?

Pesto by weight is probably 75% olive oil. So a table spoon of pesto is about the same as a table spoon of butter.

When I was a kid, sometimes we kept a few eggs from crappie and just battered them along with the fillets.

Reseach anything plant or animal you going to eat from the wild to know if it is safe to eat.

Never eat gar eggs as they are highly toxic.

• Upvote 1