Spring Game Time?

oldguystudent

3pm, central daylight time, on April 4.

There was also "supposed" to be some kind of new stadium event (MGC?) at noon that day before the spring game at a tent set up on the new stadium site. Not sure if it is still happening or not (both the meeting or the new stadium)? <_<

Edited by NT80

3pm, central daylight time, on April 4.

A 3:00 AM moonlight time would sound more appropriate. The activities of this Spring Training has more closely guarded than the Manhattan Project (the Atom Bomb). But then again if my team had allowed 500 points last year I would not want to talk to anyone either.

Card I got in the mail said tailgating to start at 1 pm. Game at 3 pm.

GMG!

Yes, and they describe it as the "STADIUM KICKOFF TAILGATE PARTY", which will be held in the blue lot at Fouts, not at the new stadium site. Also, apparently the tag line for this year is "BELIEVE IT!" They use this phrase once after "NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL '09" on the front of the card and once on the back with the stadium kickoff tailgate party. It is difficult to tell what the ambiguous "IT" is that we are to believe in.

Does anyone know what the duration of the Spring Game is supposed to be? I believe in recent years the game was timed (i.e. clock doesn't stop). I'd like to go to the game, but I have several scheduling conflicts I'm trying to work through.

Go Mean Green! I'm ready for some football!

They use this phrase once after "NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL '09" on the front of the card and once on the back with the stadium kickoff tailgate party. It is difficult to tell what the ambiguous "IT" is that we are to believe in.

I would assume they mean competitive football. Could just mean "yes, you laid down time and money to watch mediocrity again...BELIEVE IT!"

From the reply I got from Pes. B to a question about current student funding of athletics at a whopping $45 / semester per student where our SBC competition and even many 1AA are getting $150-$200+ per student per semester, I was told that April 4th would be green/ white day. Expect to be asked to dig deep into your pocketbook because if we don't get some help from the hotel deal, she wants alumni to come up with the $30 million up front stating that the students have done their part in voting a whopping $7. per semester hour raise to a dedicated athletic fee when the stadium is completed (if ever). Right now and for several years to come athletics has not seen one dime from fees other than the absurd $3. per semester hour student services fee and gives away student tickets to boot. This does not make for big time or even mid-major athletic program funding. It is truly amazing that our players, coaches, and A D do as well as they have done with the paltry funding provided them. Tell Dr. B that the dedicated athletic fee should be instituted now or we will be so far behind by the time the stadium is built it won't even make a difference. The admins talk the talk now it's time for them to walk the walk or quit crowing about what the students have done and what the alums have not. The student fee increase is less than half of what most others get NOW and won't even result in one dime more for athletics for years. It's time that alums stood up and challenged this hipocrisy from the admins!!!!!

From the reply I got from Pes. B to a question about current student funding of athletics at a whopping $45 / semester per student where our SBC competition and even many 1AA are getting $150-$200+ per student per semester, I was told that April 4th would be green/ white day. Expect to be asked to dig deep into your pocketbook because if we don't get some help from the hotel deal, she wants alumni to come up with the $30 million up front stating that the students have done their part in voting a whopping $7. per semester hour raise to a dedicated athletic fee when the stadium is completed (if ever). Right now and for several years to come athletics has not seen one dime from fees other than the absurd $3. per semester hour student services fee and gives away student tickets to boot. This does not make for big time or even mid-major athletic program funding. It is truly amazing that our players, coaches, and A D do as well as they have done with the paltry funding provided them. Tell Dr. B that the dedicated athletic fee should be instituted now or we will be so far behind by the time the stadium is built it won't even make a difference. The admins talk the talk now it's time for them to walk the walk or quit crowing about what the students have done and what the alums have not. The student fee increase is less than half of what most others get NOW and won't even result in one dime more for athletics for years. It's time that alums stood up and challenged this hipocrisy from the admins!!!!!

there is conflicting information or no informaytion about whayt is going on up there with all aspects of football and the stadium. i have given up waiting to hear from unt about a stadium and am about to give up folloewing this pee-wee program all together. this is not a 1-a program or school the way it acts about football and its facitilities.

What I put in bold is pure bullshit. You are 100% wrong on this. Athletics received money from student service fees before that fee was introduced and it receives more that just $3 per hour from the student service fees currently. The fee that begins when the stadium is finished will be an increase and will be independent from student service fees. But to say that the students haven't been paying to fund athletics is misleading and inaccurate.

Did not say that they had not been paying at all, just that they pay one hell of a lot less than others in SBC and even several in the SLC. The $7. increase to $10. per hour will not bring them even up to one-half what is paid by students @ FIU, FAU, and just about every other SBC member other than UL-M. As of now they aren't even paying as much as TX ST @ San Marcos, UTSA, & Lamar. They are not close to funding for D-1 and have not paid any increase to date and won't until the "Field of Dreams" is reality and operating. Our athletics will be so far behind by then the $7. increase won't even make a difference.

Yes, and they describe it as the "STADIUM KICKOFF TAILGATE PARTY", which will be held in the blue lot at Fouts, not at the new stadium site. Also, apparently the tag line for this year is "BELIEVE IT!" They use this phrase once after "NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL '09" on the front of the card and once on the back with the stadium kickoff tailgate party. It is difficult to tell what the ambiguous "IT" is that we are to believe in.

Does anyone know what the duration of the Spring Game is supposed to be? I believe in recent years the game was timed (i.e. clock doesn't stop). I'd like to go to the game, but I have several scheduling conflicts I'm trying to work through.

Go Mean Green! I'm ready for some football!

Anyone? Do you remember how long the spring games went in past years?

Just got this e-mail . . . took me a minute to figure out to which stadium the tailgate party was referring . . .

North Texas Football Spring Game and Stadium Tailgate Party on April 4th!!!

STADIUM TAILGATE PARTY

BELIEVE IT!

Saturday, April 4th

Blue lot at Fouts Field at 1 pm

Spring Game kickoff 3 pm

Join University President Dr. Gretchen Bataille,

Director of Athletics Rick Villarreal, and others to discuss

aspects of this historic facility and how you can get involved.

See Conceptual Renderings

FOOTBALL SEASON TICKET EARLY RENEWAL

Don’t miss your chance to enjoy the friendly, festive

atmosphere as the Mean Green will host 6 home

games at Fouts Field for the first time since 1993.

The Mean Green will host Army and Ohio in addition

to four Sun Belt Conference opponents.