Troy Adding New Package: Qb Under Center

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

Troy lost the New Orleans Bowl to Southern Miss partly because it couldn't pick up a first down on a fourth-and-short play late in the second half....

.......Troy is adding a new package with quarterback Levi Brown under center.

Nice video. But Sheeeeeeeeeet.............., what does Troy know anyhow?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Fourth quarter, one second left on the clock. Ball on the 1/256 inch line. UNT down by five points. Fourth down. The UNT offense will do one of only two things:

1) The shotgun formation

2) Kick a field goal

50/50 shot as to which one they'll choose.

Look at the sidelines 1,2,3,4, 5 times , let the Defense get set , stay in shotgun , get a delay of game or false start , game over

Fourth quarter, one second left on the clock. Ball on the 1/256 inch line. UNT down by five points. Fourth down. The UNT offense will do one of only two things:

1) The shotgun formation

2) Kick a field goal

50/50 shot as to which one they'll choose.

Get online and ask the Know it all, Negative posters on GMG. Yes I'm back after a extended absence. Sucks to be me, NOT! UNTLifer thanks for keeping my memory alive during my ghost period!

Edited by UNTnewbie

Get online and ask the Know it all, Negative posters on GMG. Yes I'm back after a extended absence. Sucks to be me, NOT! UNTLifer thanks for keeping my memory alive during my ghost period!

Not sure if you're calling me a negative poster or telling me to go ask some negative posters. In case of the former, I have seen a grand total of five UNT football games in my life. I didn't know who Todd Dodge was before September. I didn't know what the spread offense was before September. The first time I saw the team go for 4th and 1 from the shotgun, I thought it was some weird trick play. I came here with no bias for or against the current administration. So my apologies if I don't meet the minimum requirements to have a say on what I see on the field. Based on my admittedly limited data sample, given the scenario I described, it is a very high probability that the offensive coaching staff would do something with a minimal chance of success because they appear to refuse to adapt to their environment. That said, when you score 30 points a game and damn near go 0'fer on the year, maybe any criticism toward the spread offense is misdirected to the wrong side of the ball.

Not sure if you're calling me a negative poster or telling me to go ask some negative posters. In case of the former, I have seen a grand total of five UNT football games in my life. I didn't know who Todd Dodge was before September. I didn't know what the spread offense was before September. The first time I saw the team go for 4th and 1 from the shotgun, I thought it was some weird trick play. I came here with no bias for or against the current administration. So my apologies if I don't meet the minimum requirements to have a say on what I see on the field. Based on my admittedly limited data sample, given the scenario I described, it is a very high probability that the offensive coaching staff would do something with a minimal chance of success because they appear to refuse to adapt to their environment. That said, when you score 30 points a game and damn near go 0'fer on the year, maybe any criticism toward the spread offense is misdirected to the wrong side of the ball.

Just my addition of another possible answer for your original post, nothing more, nothing less. Of course, there have been very few teams in history that were able to win without stopping the other team from scoring a time or two. Things are changing in regards to this and I'm on board 100%!

Hey! Leave intelligence out of this! It has no place here. ;)

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

Nice video. But Sheeeeeeeeeet.............., what does Troy know anyhow?

Rick

Rick, cut Dodge some slack. It took him two years and 21 losses to figure out that a tight end might be useful for receiving, blocking and such at this level of play. Let him work up to fullback and putting the QB behind center. The way our athletic department works, I figure another 10 loss season will buy him a contract extension; and, therefore, more time to "grow" into the college game. Perhaps by the time UTSA is in Conference USA or the MWC, he'll finally have it all figured out.

Rick, cut Dodge some slack. It took him two years and 21 losses to figure out that a tight end might be useful for receiving, blocking and such at this level of play. Let him work up to fullback and putting the QB behind center. The way our athletic department works, I figure another 10 loss season will buy him a contract extension; and, therefore, more time to "grow" into the college game. Perhaps by the time UTSA is in Conference USA or the MWC, he'll finally have it all figured out.

Blakeney's Wiki Page

Well, considering Larry Blakeney has been at Troy since 1990, and he's just now putting in a play under center from the shotgun, although he may have run plays from under center in the past, I'd say Dodge is way ahead of the learning curve. Blakeney may not be one to pattern yourself after though considering his lack of success.

You might need to gather a little more information before posting. Dodge has used a tight end--albeit very sparingly--in both seasons he has been here.