Jones Success Could Lead Others To Come Calling

“I made a commitment when I came to North Texas,” Jones said. “We have unfinished business. As long as the athletic department continues to support the program in the fashion that allows us to be a championship program, it gives you a lot of reasons to want to stay.”

I like this quote.

That's a good comment about having success in the NCAA tournament. Once he has that, the big boys are sure to take notice. Whether he stays or goes at such a time, I will remain appreciative of what he has done for our program.

Agree. If they go to the NCAA tourney this year, with 3 straight 20 win seasons, there will be other schools that come calling.

If Jones does leave, which seems unlikely, I would love to see us pursue the head coach at UTA. Anyone who can win at that god forsaken gym/stage has got to be a fantastic coach.

Agreed on both counts.

I think JJ stays here for awhile, but should he go I'd love to get Scott Cross.

Great quote by JJ. Success will bring offers and UNT cannot match the dollars that may be thrown his way after a couple of more winning seasons. If that be the case...good for him. He will have built a solid base at UNT and will have given UNT the winning exposure to bring another solid coach to UNt to continue to build on the winning ways JJ has delivered.

The quote about commitment from JJ was great! Sort of sounds like a few of the quotes coming from our football coach Todd Dodge too. Both are building solid programs.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!! Congrats to JJ and the team...win number 21 tonight!

The guy is a proven winner who would be able to really recruit the DFW metroplex b/c his "connections." UNT has used this "winning philosophy" in the past...why buck the trend now?

I see what you're saying...................and I like it.

;)