2009 Recruit Chevy Bennett

NT03

While looking for some info on one of our newest player , Bennie Jones , I noticed that Chevy Bennett is listed on Navarro's list of signees. I guess he didn't qualify or is he just taking classes to get ready for UNT , but if so why would they list him as a signee ??

NAVARROJC

Edited by NT03

Later on in the piece it says some seniors double sign with JUCOs...I guess if the writing's on the wall, they go ahead and get a head start.

I guess we now know why Bennett had no offers besides ours...or, rather, the people who didn't understand how far behind Dodge was now know. Anyone else with a smidgen of knowledge about recruiting already knew why.

Again, Dodge was slaughtered on the prep level before November even rolled around and had to send Shelton Gandy to look under every rock in the Mississippi JUCOs to get even a whisper of talent signed.

I already feel bad for the coach who is going to have to come in and clean up this mess. Dodge is like a raccoon that gets in your lakehouse during the week and screws things up for when you go back the next weekend.

Later on in the piece it says some seniors double sign with JUCOs...I guess if the writing's on the wall, they go ahead and get a head start.

I guess we now know why Bennett had no offers besides ours...or, rather, the people who didn't understand how far behind Dodge was now know. Anyone else with a smidgen of knowledge about recruiting already knew why.

Again, Dodge was slaughtered on the prep level before November even rolled around and had to send Shelton Gandy to look under every rock in the Mississippi JUCOs to get even a whisper of talent signed.

I already feel bad for the coach who is going to have to come in and clean up this mess. Dodge is like a raccoon that gets in your lakehouse during the week and screws things up for when you go back the next weekend.

Another worthless post by fake finch, kiss off buggar!

Second raccoon reference in a GMG.com forum in a week:

More raccoon chat

Mr Finch,

Can you go ahead and tell us what is about to happen to the rest of the class? Why did you not tell us about Chevy Bennett when we signed him?

I plead ignorance...I know nothing about the recruiting process, so please don't withhold your vast knowledge on this subject. Go ahead and let us know now about all the other problems that this recruiting class will pose the new coach that has to clean up this mess.

And to all of those who belong in this category, per Mr Finch:

"Anyone else with a smidgen of knowledge about recruiting already knew why."

Why do you insist on holding back your more than smidgen of knowledge about recruiting and tell us in advance? Why does NT03 have to discover this on a search for something else. Save all of us without the smidgen of knowledge about recruiting the long, drawn out wastes of time and tell us everything there is to know about what the next coach is facing.

Oh, and uhm, GMG.

Scott Campbell

Warned to the 20% level and ignorant about the toxic asset we inherited in Mr Bennett

Class of 1982

Flower Mound, TX

This shows that if colleges can oversign recruits, recruits can oversign colleges!

Mr Finch,

Can you go ahead and tell us what is about to happen to the rest of the class? Why did you not tell us about Chevy Bennett when we signed him?

I plead ignorance...I know nothing about the recruiting process, so please don't withhold your vast knowledge on this subject. Go ahead and let us know now about all the other problems that this recruiting class will pose the new coach that has to clean up this mess.

And to all of those who belong in this category, per Mr Finch:

"Anyone else with a smidgen of knowledge about recruiting already knew why."

Why do you insist on holding back your more than smidgen of knowledge about recruiting and tell us in advance? Why does NT03 have to discover this on a search for something else. Save all of us without the smidgen of knowledge about recruiting the long, drawn out wastes of time and tell us everything there is to know about what the next coach is facing.

Oh, and uhm, GMG.

Scott Campbell

Warned to the 20% level and ignorant about the toxic asset we inherited in Mr Bennett

Class of 1982

Flower Mound, TX

There's nothing to hide. If a player has some talent, but there are no offers on the table, that's the evidence. And, we've got many of those in this class.

As many schools as recruit this area and this state, no stone is left unturned. If you've got a guy with some speed and is making plays, but no one is interested, then the coaching staffs have done their homework on the kid as far as what is happening off the field.

Because of the beating we were taking on prep recruits, we had no choice but to give these kids on the edge an offer. And, hey...doesn't that sound familiar? Isn't that what we all used to complain that Darrell Dickey did too often? And, here we are three years later and Southlake Jesus is doing the same thing?

When the Todd Dodge Experiment is mercifully ended, we need to demand better from our adminstration, board, and athletic department for the next hire.

There's nothing to hide. If a player has some talent, but there are no offers on the table, that's the evidence. And, we've got many of those in this class.

As many schools as recruit this area and this state, no stone is left unturned. If you've got a guy with some speed and is making plays, but no one is interested, then the coaching staffs have done their homework on the kid as far as what is happening off the field.

Because of the beating we were taking on prep recruits, we had no choice but to give these kids on the edge an offer. And, hey...doesn't that sound familiar? Isn't that what we all used to complain that Darrell Dickey did too often? And, here we are three years later and Southlake Jesus is doing the same thing?

When the Todd Dodge Experiment is mercifully ended, we need to demand better from our adminstration, board, and athletic department for the next hire.

Yet you endorse the "Troy Plan" of over signing every class and taking risks. Make up your mind.

The Flip-Flop File

And Baylor, and Oklahoma State and South Florida all had kids sign with them that ended up at Navarro.

Guess we should have opted out of such behavior, even though those other schools did too.

My guess is that if you looked at JC signing classes across the country, most D-1 schools have someone that ended up on a JC roster.

Many of those kids will end up signing with the D-1 school they first signed with, though they don't have to. Nice to see when a kid overcomes, then chooses to go with the school that took a chance on him.

Next subject, Mr Finch.

Yet you endorse the "Troy Plan" of over signing every class and taking risks. Make up your mind.

The Flip-Flop File

It's nothing like the Troy situation precisely because we haven't oversigned. If we had, losing Bennett to a JUCO wouldn't hurt our numbers. But, since we don't, any loss we have is truly a hit to depth.

Again (and again and again and again), there's nothing wrong with oversigning. There's nothing illegal about it. It helps you keep a full compliment of 85 scholarship players should some not qualify.

The manager in our office has a kid who's played high school ball and is now looking to sign with a DIII or NAIA school in the near future; some combination of academic and need based financial aid being the key. Our manager has been on rodeo scholarships and played football in college, so knows something about athletics, scholarships, etc. (his son is also a friend of Tevinn Cantly, so there's sort of a UNT connection). He said, around the time that NLI's were being signed, that UNT should engage in such what I call "farming out" of recruits. The big guys have been doing it a long time, Nebraska comes to mind. It's no big deal; sounds like we're just hedging our bets. I'm glad we're involved in players who may not be that great at standardized testing. In college, you have to learn to work, whether you've learned how to scam the SAT and ACT or not. If those tests were such a great determinant of future success, I'd be a rich 'un.

Edited by eulessismore