Countdown To 2,000

UNTLifer

Whats that sitting at right now?

Provided my calculations are right; 1000-1158

Maybe if we can keep success at around the last 3 years level rolling, we will reach 1300 wins vs losses about the same time. So, with luck, 15 years give or take?

Edited by CMJ

So would it be in exceptionally poor taste (and overly optimistic) if I started the Countdown to 5 in the Football forum?

Because I haven't given up hope that we might get there in 2009!

Total wins in the Dodge era? We only have two to go!

:unsure: Game is tomorrow.

How about we do a 1100 win thread instead? None of us will probably be alive by the time we hit 2K.

1100 Thread? You are the reason we are sub .500 with goals of this nature. It's time we shoot higher than that. Give us around 50 years, I'll be in my early 90's when we reach 2,000 still waiting on the end of the silent phase for the new football stadium.

#1,001

3/04/09

vs. FAU

79-73

Next up, the MUTS.

Edited by UNTLifer

The NCAA updates their stats in the middle of the summer usually, so I'll check for sure then. But as of now I believe we stand at 1002-1159 all-time. The new goal is to reach 1300 wins before 1300 losses. :D

You don't believe we can go 198-41 over the next 8 or so seasons...about 25-5 per season.

Why are you always trying to hurt this program?

I was sitting around not doing a whole lot this morning, and started going thru the all-time stats they have listed on the NCAA site(yeah, I'm obviously a geek :lol: ) because i was trying to guage where JJ stacks up in our history. As I said in the Countdown to 1000 thread, we were listed as having 982 wins and 1147 losses. I did a quick tally just for grins and got 983 victories. I figured I must've added wrong, so I did so again(now with a calculator) and again & kept getting 983. After the 4th time, I figured I must be doing it correct.

So I believe the NCAA number crunchers shortchanged us a win, and we actually stand at 1003 now(the losses were still the same...1147). I sent the NCAA brass an email asking if they could re-check my math and their's just to be certain. I'm sure they're gonna read it and wonder what the hell does 1 win matter. :lol:

I was sitting around not doing a whole lot this morning, and started going thru the all-time stats they have listed on the NCAA site(yeah, I'm obviously a geek :lol: ) because i was trying to guage where JJ stacks up in our history. As I said in the Countdown to 1000 thread, we were listed as having 982 wins and 1147 losses. I did a quick tally just for grins and got 983 victories. I figured I must've added wrong, so I did so again(now with a calculator) and again & kept getting 983. After the 4th time, I figured I must be doing it correct.

So I believe the NCAA number crunchers shortchanged us a win, and we actually stand at 1003 now(the losses were still the same...1147). I sent the NCAA brass an email asking if they could re-check my math and their's just to be certain. I'm sure they're gonna read it and wonder what the hell does 1 win matter. :lol:

Most people, when they're bored and have a computer, masterbate.

Thats gonna add a lot to this thread for the next 42-49 years

Most people, when they're bored and have a computer, masterbate.

Thats gonna add a lot to this thread for the next 42-49 years

:lol: I was in a basketball mood, between games. :lol:

If anyone wants to re-check me(totally not expecting it :lol: ), this is a much faster way than counting up year by year(I actually did both to see if I was missing something somewhere). Just adding the individual coaches all time records up.

Bill Blakeley 134-85

Theron J. Fouts 5-3

Jimmy Gales 84-118

Tim Jankovich 53-57

Charles Johnson 36-114

Johnny Jones 106-100

Harry Miller 10-15

Terence Myracle 38-36

Tommy Newman 24-60

John B. Reid 79-31

Gene Robbins 36-67

Henry G. "Pete" Shands 224-257