Florida Atlantic (3/4/09)

CMJ

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now they really mean something. This was the matchup we wanted, and it's what we got. Most important game of the year....unless we win...and then it's the next(and the next).

It's the PLAY IN GAME FOR THE QUARTERFINALS, BABY!!!

I just hope we can take care of business and advance to the Play In game for the Semis.

They should just be celebrating that every team is in the tournament and they get some extra practice, which is obviously very sorely needed.
I wouldn't quite say that. They did play us really tough for a half if I recall correctly. I don't expect to just dismantle them....that rarely happens in these conference tournaments.

I wouldn't quite say that. They did play us really tough for a half if I recall correctly. I don't expect to just dismantle them....that rarely happens in these conference tournaments.

We did play them Jan 17th. When NT was clearly NOT playing their best basketball. I don't see this game being anywhere near as close.

GO MEAN GREEN!

We did play them Jan 17th. When NT was clearly NOT playing their best basketball. I don't see this game being anywhere near as close.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Likewise they were missing acouple of their best players at the time(we might not have been playing our best ball then, but that was in the middle of a four game win streak). I'm just saying I'm not gonna overlook anyone this time of year.

Edited by CMJ

I must say....FAU is celebrating that we won on their board. They thought we were the weakest of the Denver/MTSU/USA/NT grouping.

I hope we pound them.

Do the people on the Owl forum understand we beat them earlier in the season?

I hope we put them away early to give our starters a break and some of our bench some conference tournament experience.

Do the people on the Owl forum understand we beat them earlier in the season?

Well, so did the other three schools. If you're used to being pounded by the same 2 schools twice a year, and the a school that never seems to lose at home(Denver), the school that only beat you by 9 when you were missing some cogs in your lineup probably does seem like the best option.

Well, so did the other three schools. If you're used to being pounded by the same 2 schools twice a year, and the a school that never seems to lose at home(Denver), the school that only beat you by 9 when you were missing some cogs in your lineup probably does seem like the best option.

Apologist.

Apologist.
:lol: Just trying to figure out why they wanted to play us. There's a few guys over at HilltopperHaven that seem leery of NT, so you kinda have to wonder what FAU sees that they don't. Edited by CMJ

Well, I'd say we aren't the same team that played FAU back in January. We seem to be firing on all cylinders at this point. This game could be like some of the others where at the half have a huge lead at the half. If that is the case, I don't want to see this team let up. I want to send a message to others in the conference we mean business at this point.

Might one argue that this is a HUGE one-game stretch?

Huge? HUGE?!? The word huge applied to this game is such an understatement as to be an insult akin to giving the Pope a hat wedgie or kicking Pat Summit in the nuts when she's not looking.

This game is gargantuan. Brobdingnagian. Epic like no game has ever been before.

From what I've heard, Johnny Jones will have a cyanide tablet in his suit pocket, right under his tastefully folded and color coordinated pocket square. If we lose this game, Coach Jones will bite down and kill himself before even bothering to shake hands with Mike Jarvis.

This game is so essential, so critical, so MEANINGFUL on an unimaginable scale that the earth itself may cease spinning for two hours because every single force in the universe will be singularly focused on our outcome vs. FAU.

Huge? HUGE?? Why don't you just spit in Scrappy's face, sir.

This game MATTERS.

Actually Tasty is underselling it. It's not an overstatement to call this the biggest game in the history of Western Civilization.

Which means we need every fan, every student, every friend of a fan or student at this game to cheer on the Mean Green. We must protect this PIT.

Huge? HUGE?!? The word huge applied to this game is such an understatement as to be an insult akin to giving the Pope a hat wedgie or kicking Pat Summit in the nuts when she's not looking.

This game is gargantuan. Brobdingnagian. Epic like no game has ever been before.

From what I've heard, Johnny Jones will have a cyanide tablet in his suit pocket, right under his tastefully folded and color coordinated pocket square. If we lose this game, Coach Jones will bite down and kill himself before even bothering to shake hands with Mike Jarvis.

This game is so essential, so critical, so MEANINGFUL on an unimaginable scale that the earth itself may cease spinning for two hours because every single force in the universe will be singularly focused on our outcome vs. FAU.

Huge? HUGE?? Why don't you just spit in Scrappy's face, sir.

This game MATTERS.

We should give away free tickets at homeless shelters and abused children centers all over DFW. That way, when these people get back on their feet, they'll remember that we were there for them and they should support us financially with the purchase of non-free tickets and apparel!

PACK THE PIT!

We should do a pancake night. First thousand fans who walk through the turn-style, they gonna, gonna get a fresh hot pancake right off the griddle. One pancake. To do with, what they will. They can eat it, use it as a seat cushion. Uh, lamanate it.

We should do a pancake night. First thousand fans who walk through the turn-style, they gonna, gonna get a fresh hot pancake right off the griddle. One pancake. To do with, what they will. They can eat it, use it as a seat cushion. Uh, lamanate it.

If I can use it like a tortilla, you know... "fouts style", then you have a deal.

Actually, free tickets for Cumberland Children's Home residents, elementary school honor roll students, senior citizens, etc. Not a bad idea. Why not? They could be for upper level seating that has gone empty all season. Heck, if Boone Pickens can pay part of the price for OSU students to attend the OSU-Texas game Saturday why not some freebies for this Wednesday's UNT game?

I know...how about free tickets for UNT students? That should bring 'em out by the thousands!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!! Beat FAU!!!!! Rah...Rah!! Mean......Green......Mean.....Green!

Actually, free tickets for Cumberland Children's Home residents, elementary school honor roll students, senior citizens, etc. Not a bad idea. Why not? They could be for upper level seating that has gone empty all season. Heck, if Boone Pickens can pay part of the price for OSU students to attend the OSU-Texas game Saturday why not some freebies for this Wednesday's UNT game?

I know...how about free tickets for UNT students? That should bring 'em out by the thousands!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!! Beat FAU!!!!! Rah...Rah!! Mean......Green......Mean.....Green!

UNT Students are just too smart. You offer them free tickets and the perception is that they are worthless. But if we price the student tickets at $20.00. Then offer a 50% discount with their student ID and in addition give them $10.00 off if they arrive sometime before or during the game. Then they are receiving something of real value and they will pack the pit.

Value perceived is value achieved.