Way To Go Vito!

meangreenbob

You really don't know how insipient your comment is, do you? Or do you?

I know how ridiculous it is to suggest that someone like Vito is a threat.

Everyone wants the media to report "positive" things. Then do something positive. You want Vito to stop mentioning the 1-11 record? Then damned well don't go 1-11.

Did not realize it was in the SGA by laws. Seems odd to me that a vote can be overturned....recount, disputes, yes, but to overturn the vote through another election seems sorta weird to me. At least the Prez knows my thoughts on the subject. I don't think it is ever unwise to voice concerns to the President...it is part of her job to hear from donors.

---Really odd --- I am sure there has been some US Presidential candidates that would love re-votes.. It should not happen unless the vote was somehow flawed (corrupt or maybe details of the situation was misrepresented).

---No one has posted a link to Vito --What did he say..? If it is the link posted by UNT23..... Big deal... just facts and nothing to really hurt us. Elections should be not held over and over until they get the results that someone wants.... then the other side starts doing the same.. crazy. SDS stills exists...?? Surely it isn't the same organization that existed 40 years ago. They were anti-everything.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I know how ridiculous it is to suggest that someone like Vito is a threat.

Everyone wants the media to report "positive" things. Then do something positive. You want Vito to stop mentioning the 1-11 record? Then damned well don't go 1-11.

It has nothing to do with "positive things." It has more to do with reporting all the facts so as not to mislead the people, especially those who may not be aware of the situation or the truth.

I am feeling particularly minacious after exposure to this hispid thread. I believe I may need a respite from this purlieu until I feel more reviviscent.

YEEAHHHH! WOOOHOOO!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NTc4OyPHuY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NTc4OyPHuY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hispid was totally the word of the day. How'd you know?

YEEAHHHH! WOOOHOOO!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NTc4OyPHuY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NTc4OyPHuY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hispid was totally the word of the day. How'd you know?

I didn't. I just decided to use hispid more often, as in, I hope to avoid intimate contact with anything that is hispid. Hispid, hispid, hispid. Whoever owns the royalties on hispid is cashing in right now. Hispid.

this is where Dr. B, RV, the BOR or someone needs to come out with their balls in their hand and put an end to this immediately.

They need to do something quickly especialy before the week is up....

Also if you are going to bash Vito, why dont you go ahead and bash the NTDAILY for giving them a front page story and photo and also there support.

They need to do something quickly especialy before the week is up....

Also if you are going to bash Vito, why dont you go ahead and bash the NTDAILY for giving them a front page story and photo and also there support.

What do you want Dr. B to do? Any specifics in mind?

By the way, I read the Daily's story. It was balanced and accurate, as far as I could see. It quoted people on both sides. As for the Daily's support, running a news story doesn't qualify as support; that's just reporting. Have they run an editorial in favor of the revote? I couldn't find one.

What do you want Dr. B to do? Any specifics in mind?

By the way, I read the Daily's story. It was balanced and accurate, as far as I could see. It quoted people on both sides. As for the Daily's support, running a news story doesn't qualify as support; that's just reporting. Have they run an editorial in favor of the revote? I couldn't find one.

I personally hated when the Texas media kept supporting the whole Branch Davidian thing in Waco.

It has nothing to do with "positive things." It has more to do with reporting all the facts so as not to mislead the people, especially those who may not be aware of the situation or the truth.

I guess I need to go back and read it another time, because I didn't read anything that I thought would "mislead" people.

Just to keep things straight -- and typing seriously this time -- the Daily is the campus paper. Vito doesn't write for it. In addition, the DRC is owned by the DMN, and it's DMN editors alone who decide which DRC stories to pick up.

I also wonder about the wisdom of appealing to the university administration to stop a democratic process that apparently is authorized by the SGA bylaws. If Dr. B were to act on these complaints and bigfoot all over the protest vote, that might be the swiftest and most effective way of killing legislative support for the athletic fee hike.

Don't worry she has always been subserviant to the will of students/faculty. That's why we only have a $10. fee that can't be collected until a "field of dreams" is built. Even though 1/2 of what 3 SLC schools are now collecting, and ours not even close to being collected, these "hippie wannabes" still bitch and moan. Why are our admins so afraid of the students? We need a dedicated athletic fee YESTERDAY. We are the ONLY state university that has to fund athletics out of a student services fee!! We are fast becoming non competitive in the SBC, and if Dr. B thinks you have ANY SHOT AT ALL at being a Tier 1 university in Texas w/o an athletic program she is blowing smoke. It may work at Cal Poly or Long Beach, but NEVER in the state of Texas. Put the fee in place and let them not let the door hit them in the butt as they exit!!! They'll never find the same quality of education for the price they are getting it anywhere, fee or not! If you want to give the image of a major player then think like one---do you think UT,T$M,TT give a damn if their students like a fee? Hell they just add it on as FEES w/o further explanation, and any protestors can leave if they don't like it. What do we have to fear so much from these third rate students that would probably improve the quality of student if they did leave?