2009 Ooc Record ?

NT03

2-2 Best case scenario, realistically speaking - no chance against Bama, probably not against Ball State

1-3 Would mark significant progress from last year

0-4 Looks awfully realistic

EDIT: I voted 1-3 - trying to show a little optimism.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

This morning, I reviewed the web sites of the Ohio Bob Cats, Ball St

Cardinals, and the Army Black Knights.

Ball State: Thier new HFC is Stan Parrish, who has been Ball St's QB/OC

coach the past 4 years. Parrish is the reason for Ball St's quick improvement.

38yrs in coaching, including 4yrs as the QB/OC coach at Michigan-won the

BCS championship in 1997, and 3yr's as the QB coach for Tampa Bay, with

a Super Bowl Championship. Ball St has 13 coaches(including grad asst's).

Ball St has set records in offense and defense the past 4 yrs. Ball St is

loaded with talent, huge OL/DL, and the favorite to be MAC champs again for 2009.

There are 8, 5th yr sr's, and very strong depth at each position.Ball St runs a

TE set spread offense like Tulsa.

Ohio Univ Bob Cats. HFC Frank Solich is entering his 5th year, so his first recruiting

class will be Sr's, but, there are not to many left. Ohio finished 4-8 LY, still runs the

Nebraska power I. Projected to finish in the middle of the MAC again in 2009. Alot

of pressure on Solich to improve. No mention of any contract renewal for 2010.

Army Black Knights: New HFC Rich Ellberson, has 30yrs in college football, comes from

Cal Poly (FCS). Ellberson is a triple option expert, spent 4yrs with Paul Johnson. Cal

Poly has finished in the top 25 FCS last 4 yrs, with two top 10 rankings. Set offense

records each of the last 4 yrs. Avg 400+ total offense, with 300+ rushing avg, and

scoring, 49pts in 11 games, with 2, 50+ point games LY . Army's roster has a ton of

skill position players (14 QB's are the roster now). What I found suprising was the

low number of OL/DL players, with only 1 at 300lbs. Most at 260-285 range. Army

ran the wish bone LY, so Ellberson will no trouble converting to the double wing option.

Prediction for OOC games- I would say 2-2, with Ohio and Army being our best

chance. I think NT will match up very well aginst these 2 teams, and both games

are at home which is to NT's advantage. Two OOC wins here!

Loss at Bama-

Bama has pay back in mind for any SBC team after losing at home to UL-Mon.

Satan will be angry, needless to say, and the fans rapid for payback, big time.

Bama is loaded with NFL talent across the board, and contending for a National Title.

Loss at Ball St-

Ball St will win the MAC easily, gain another bowl game, and enter the top 25.

Very experienced team, loaded with big time talent, looking to gain national rankings.

1st game of 2009, the new HFC will show the fans he can run the Ball St show.

0-4 until I see some sustained proof of life otherwise. <_<

Couldn't agree more. I voted 0-4. We might need to do another poll that actually has the same options, but instead of the the word "record" it should read "be competitive".

Here is my question though: Coming off of two seasons under our current coach, of which we won all of 3 games, there are seriously 11 people who think we will win 2 of our OOC games?

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I voted 1-3, thinking we could win against Army. However, their new head coach had a history of giving I-A/FBS schools fits, taking Wisconsin into overtime at Camp Randall and eventually losing by one point. He was also on the defensive coaching staff at Arizona during it's "Desert Swarm" heyday in the 90s. So, while I think we can beat the Black Knights, it will be no gimme. And, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they beat us as well. They've got a bona fide, college football coach who will be gameplanning against, well...our coaching staff, which claims a 2-0 record against Western Kentucky.

I voted 1-3, thinking we could win against Army. However, their new head coach had a history of giving I-A/FBS schools fits, taking Wisconsin into overtime at Camp Randall and eventually losing by one point. He was also on the defensive coaching staff at Arizona during it's "Desert Swarm" heyday in the 90s. So, while I think we can beat the Black Knights, it will be no gimme. And, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they beat us as well. They've got a bona fide, college football coach who will be gameplanning against, well...our coaching staff, which claims a 2-0 record against Western Kentucky.

And a split against ULM!

That's no small feat, considering that they know our audibles and shout them out on the field to adjust their defense depending on our signals.