New Rfq Related To Stadium

UNTflyer

Looks like this has to do with air conditioning? Some interesting points:

The stadium will seat approximately 30,000 with the capability to expand up to 50,000 seats total. The associated "tower" building will be approximately 118,700 gross square feet and include visiting team facilities, official's facilities, media facilities, food service, and stadium operations facilities. Potentially some general purpose classroom or training space may be a component of this project. The architect designated for the stadium design is HKS Sport of Dallas, TX.

http://pps.unt.edu/images/stories/bid%20pd...9_9_71686JB.pdf

Back in olden times when the first weight room was built next to Fouts Field some state funds were used to build it (in addition to university funds) because some P.E.classes in weight lifting were also taught in that facility. It would make sense to do something similar at the new stadium.

You know,

back when the original Snake Pit became unusable the administration of that time got creative in coming up with enough money to build the Super Pit. I don't know the original cost, but I think it was in the neighborhood of 20million....and that was back in the late 60's/early 70's. I think they built some classrooms into the facility so that some state money could be used.

It's time for the current administration to get equally "creative" in their thinking to help out the football program.

You know,

back when the original Snake Pit became unusable the administration of that time got creative in coming up with enough money to build the Super Pit. I don't know the original cost, but I think it was in the neighborhood of 20million....and that was back in the late 60's/early 70's. I think they built some classrooms into the facility so that some state money could be used.

It's time for the current administration to get equally "creative" in their thinking to help out the football program.

Here's the problem with this direction in funding... it would be subject to the approval of the state legislature.

The Super Pit has lots of class space underneath, it also has raquetball courts that rarely get used... plus, graudation is held there. I think that all of these factors helped to get it built... BUT, isn't the Super Pit owned by an outside company and leased to the school? Maybe that was internet fodder but someone told me that once.

The Super Pit has lots of class space underneath, it also has raquetball courts that rarely get used... plus, graudation is held there. I think that all of these factors helped to get it built... BUT, isn't the Super Pit owned by an outside company and leased to the school? Maybe that was internet fodder but someone told me that once.

Those courts were always the best place to play raquetball since virtually no one but facaulty (sp?) knew they were there.

Wow like that whole tower reference in their....

That would be so cool if it was a real tower outside the stadium.....

Also 30,000 seats, yuck, this program is looking more and more like SMU, everyday....

If that means having a stadium like theirs and the wherewithal to pay a head coach $2 mill a year, I'm in.

Wow like that whole tower reference in their....

That would be so cool if it was a real tower outside the stadium.....

Also 30,000 seats, yuck, this program is looking more and more like SMU, everyday....

Tower refers to the pressbox side of the stadium, all the air conditioned or enclosed spaces and rooms. It mentions locker rooms for opponents and officials, stadium operations areas = pressbox, and food service areas = suites, lounges, clubs, and meeting spaces.