Sun Belt Signs New Tv Deal

Brett Vito

Two guaranteed games! :sorcerer:

My thoughts too. And, since this is an exclusive rights deal, that means there is no chance any of our games will ever be televised by any of the other college sports networks (CBSC, VS, FOX Sports Nets, etc) that seem to pick up some of the games between teams with lesser national prominence. Oh well, I'll look at this as a glass half full opportunity and trust that the deal has lots of promise to secure the SBC more national television exposure and hope that it means we'll get more local coverage on ESPN+ for our away games.

I think, at first glance, that this is a pretty good deal. One thing that jumps out is the fact the "two games" are NATIONAL broadcasts. That's a pretty big deal. The other neat thing is the availability to pick up the Thursday games for broadcast, because that will make those games essentially the only game in town for those dates. I see the glass as half-full, also. Baby steps, but they're in the right direction.

What does "national" mean? Does it mean games on ESPN or ESPN2, which are broadcast in basic packages? Or does it mean having to subscribe to ESPNU to get game coverage? If it involves ESPNU, don't think it's that good of a deal.

With the way the Bball team is positioned for the next 2 years, I think the basketball aspect of this contract is far more attractive to UNT.

Didn't the MAC just sign a deal getting 10 ESPN games?

Didn't the SBC already get 2 ESPN games, one being the N'Awlins Bowl ?

The deal stinks to high heaven. Same old, same old.

Waste Waters should be fired........... yesterday. Hire in a young, driven assistant commish from the SEC, ACC, etc.

Who do you want fired first...Kermit Davis or Wright Waters?

Didn't the MAC just sign a deal getting 10 ESPN games?

Didn't the SBC already get 2 ESPN games, one being the N'Awlins Bowl ?

The deal stinks to high heaven. Same old, same old.

Waste Waters should be fired........... yesterday. Hire in a young, driven assistant commish from the SEC, ACC, etc.

Is there a good high school commissioner out there somewhere?

Maybe with exceptional statistics?

I think we should hire him.

Ohio Univ. Bob Cats had 8 away games in the 2008 season.

7 of the 8 away games were on TV.

Ohio finished at 4-8.

08-30-08 @ Wyoming, "The Mountain" network

09-06-08 @ Ohio State, ESPN, national

09-20-08 @ Northwestern, "The Big Ten" network

10-11-08 @ Kent St, "FSN Ohio"

10-21-08 @ Temple, ESPN 2

10-28-08 @ Buffalo, ESPN U

11-28-08 @ Miami (OH), ESPN U

4 games with the ESPN network.

Note, 3 ESPN network games in October.

ESPN loves the MAC.

Edited by charlie nt73

Other than the tournament on ESPN II what is there to brag about. At one point throughout each week I can watch women's basketball, Big XII, Big Ten, PAC 10, Big East, ACC, SEC, A10, MWC, MAC, Southland, etc... but no Sun Belt. Someone tell me what Wright Waters has done other than create the New Orleans Bowl?