9 Players Released From Scholarship

NT03

If JJ dreamed this up to get rid of dead wood to make room for other players he could get into alot of trouble. There has to be a legitamate breaking of team rules to pull a scolly. As long as a player is trying they can't kick him off the team no matter how bad of a player he is.

Contracts are for one year, hence SMU must honor it to the end of the semester. SMU is not technically breaking any rule as they completed their obligation for an one year scholarship. Players are not guaranteed that they will get another one year scholarship. However, it is rare for universities to not give a player a series of annual scholarships until their eligibility expires. The primary reason, this is not done more often; is the bad publicity and the resulting negative effect on recruiting. Obviously, recruits are going to be hesitate to sign with a Coach/school that routinely does not re-issue annual schlorships.

Shamefully, there is an example of this happening at UNT when Trilli did not renew the basketball scholarships of the majority of team in his second year. However, Trilli for better or worse did not do this to the players he signed. It has been reported that three of the players released from SMU were June's recruits. Also Trilli did not use ambiguous language to cloud his move was anymore than an attempt to upgrade his talent pool.

Edited by GrandGreen

I met some of those kids this past year at a practice. Deyon McElroy was a Juco transfer they were very positive about. (He had a pick for what would have been a touchdown in that practice) He was very respectful and was extremely nice to talk to. I hope things turn out well for him.

GMG!!!

Man this is concerning. It seems that one of our best fans Medpilot is hedging his bets with the ponies and JJ!!!! What a scandal!!

If JJ dreamed this up to get rid of dead wood to make room for other players he could get into alot of trouble. There has to be a legitamate breaking of team rules to pull a scolly. As long as a player is trying they can't kick him off the team no matter how bad of a player he is.

xmas08001vx8.jpg

w640.png

Now that kid looks like a D-end right there.

Yeah, like two weeks too late, dude. No way you're getting a bid

I'm just a follower hanging by the circle of cool kids. Give me a break on the timing.

I'm just a follower hanging by the circle of cool kids. Give me a break on the timing.

Please don't ever refer to anyone on this board as "the cool kids."

We are all sad, pathetic mouth-breathers that deserve your scorn.

Please don't ever refer to anyone on this board as "the cool kids."

We are all sad, pathetic mouth-breathers that deserve your scorn.

Just using a metaphor for imagery.

Y'all are a bunch of F'ers though according to Dickey.

Edited by DirtySavage