Former Cowboy Glenn Popped For Drugs

Why is it that most of the Cowboys, or former Cowboys, off-field troubles are with drugs?<a href="http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/020609dnspocowboysglenn.20938604.html" target="_blank">

</a>

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...n.20938604.html

Please also note that Glenn was a Patriot and Packer.

Why is it that we don't hear as much about former or Redskins getting into trouble in Dallas?

Also, most is not the word I would use. Some is far more appropriate. Most would lead one to believe that it is more than half.

I do not understand why these folks get into drugs in the first place. Makes no sense to me. No MOST former Cowboys do not get involved with drugs and NO Dan Reeves did not leave because of terry Gleen or a drug situation. I would suspect it was for the reason he stated...Jerry put a couple of items in his contract that he could not live with..I take Dan Reeves at his word on this.

The point here is that yet another "high profile" sports figure has been involved with drugs! That is never a good thing. DUMB is as DUMB does! This is Dumb. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with his having once been a Dallas Cowboy

Why is it that most of the Cowboys, or former Cowboys, off-field troubles are with drugs?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...n.20938604.html

---Most don't... Most athletes that get into trouble were raised in bad neighborhoods where those kinds of actions are fairly common. I am also convinced that is why some of dress like pimps and drug dealers...(big diamonds in ears for example). Their examples of the "rich" guys in the neighborhood dressed that way and not like the typical wealthy businessmen. They just don't get it. A lot of them despite how much money they have made are completely broke within five years.

---Some are very talented but in my opinion a team in the long run may be better off without them unless they straighten up quickly and become more mainstream. We don't need to have Ivy league types but we sure don't need stupid either. Some teams don't have many of these problems because they just don't draft or sign guys with bad historys.

--Guys with serious problems when Landry was around disappeared quickly.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

Things are hard sometimes, but I can always roll up my sleeves and get things fixed when she gets out of line.

/Moon'd

Been there

/Kidd'd

Also...I'm starting up a new side project to earn a few extra bucks and was wonderring if you were interested.

/Morris'd

/Tuinei'd

-- He died on drugs and did play for Landry but all his problems I have heard of about him was after Landry was gone.. The same can be said of Nate Newton... Landry got rid of Lance Renzel in a week and many more were gone at season's end if not sooner. .

--- Any one hear Dale Hanson's comment... "Now that he (Glenn) has been charged expect him to be activated on the Cowboys roster by next Tuesday." ....hahahaha

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1