Everyone Is Now Signed

GMoney

Nice to see some "positives" creeping onto the GMG.com board. Especially some grats to TD and his staff. They are working VERY hard to move the program in the right direction and toward a winning tradition. Thanks to all for the hard work. The class you have signed shows that what you are doing is paying off, and will, hopefully, add to a group of dedicated and hardworking Mean green athletes all on the same page and working together toward a common goal.

GREAT...just great news today!

Tap the brakes. We had a "better" class last season and it didn't equate to more wins...in fact less. Not saying it can't happen but let's pull in those reins a bit.

I agree. It looks like a good class on paper--not as good as last year's in terms of star power, but better addressing needs. But there are still a whole lot of variables to contend with. I hope the addition of this class, the coaching changes, and the development of the returning players will all come together to give us a 5+ win season. But even two wins is no guarantee.

Tap the brakes. We had a "better" class last season and it didn't equate to more wins...in fact less. Not saying it can't happen but let's pull in those reins a bit.

I agree. Most of the optimism I have for the coming season is a result of not this class, rather the one before it.

Specific needs were addressed and hopefully met. For this I am pleased. Taking an objective look at class strength rankings, we are in a three-way tie with MTSU and WKU for 102 on Rivals.

Edited by oldguystudent

It's to early to tell about last years recruits, you don't win with freshmen. And some were redshirted. Soph. are almost the same. Only time will tell.

It's to early to tell about last years recruits, you don't win with freshmen. And some were redshirted. Soph. are almost the same. Only time will tell.

Good point--we should have a whole stablefull of WRs to let out--Rucker, Brigham, Barrett, Willie Taylor. If Nate Jenkins has been laying off the Ho-Hos and Ding Dongs, we might have some unknown quantities ready to produce. But at this point they are pretty much that--unknown quantities.

I am very optimistic today. I think every program deserves at least one day on which unbridled optimism is expressed. What better day than national signing day. I may not have been optimistic last week and may not be next week, but today, let the sun shine!!!

Exactly. Let's slow down, be happy with what we have and move forward. I am not sure if we signed 20 Five Star recruits this year that this next season would be that much better.