Schedule Info From The Blog

SUMG

Here is what we can tell you about the football schedule as it stands today. We are under restrictions from the Sun Belt Conference on releasing our complete schedule until they have finalized the league’s television rights. We should be able to release the full schedule on or about April 1. What is for certain is that we are scheduled to have six home games in 2009, including non-conference games against Ohio and Army. The Mean Green is scheduled to open the season at Ball State and will also mix in a non-conference game at Alabama. We will play an eight-game conference schedule beginning this fall when Western Kentucky becomes a full-fledged member. As far as future non-conference opponents, North Texas currently has contracts with Clemson, Rice, Kansas State and Army in 2010. The 2011 non-conference schedule currently has Tulsa and two Southeastern Conference opponents, but there is a good chance one of those SEC schools will be replaced. It also looks like South Alabama could be added to the 2011 schedule if they stay on schedule to begin their program.

Here is what we can tell you about the football schedule as it stands today. We are under restrictions from the Sun Belt Conference on releasing our complete schedule until they have finalized the league’s television rights. We should be able to release the full schedule on or about April 1. What is for certain is that we are scheduled to have six home games in 2009, including non-conference games against Ohio and Army. The Mean Green is scheduled to open the season at Ball State and will also mix in a non-conference game at Alabama. We will play an eight-game conference schedule beginning this fall when Western Kentucky becomes a full-fledged member. As far as future non-conference opponents, North Texas currently has contracts with Clemson, Rice, Kansas State and Army in 2010. The 2011 non-conference schedule currently has Tulsa and two Southeastern Conference opponents, but there is a good chance one of those SEC schools will be replaced. It also looks like South Alabama could be added to the 2011 schedule if they stay on schedule to begin their program.

army @ NT 11/21/09

Army will journey to the Lone Star State for the only time in 2009 when the Black Knights visit North Texas on Nov. 21

Amry Release

Ball State vs NT 09/03/09 Thursday

Alabama vs NT 09/19/09 Sat

Edited by Green Nightmare

GREAT to have six games at home this year...I just hope we do not have a home game on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That, folks, is not a good "home date" for UNT based on pruior year's experiences with attendance, tailgate attendees and even weather! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Man, will that Army game on the 21st of Nov. be a fun time at Fouts!!! Greatness, just greatness...like the Navy game a couple of years ago. Can't wait!

The Denton Alums are palnning on selling a "spirit" T-Shirt fopr that game like they did for the Navy game...at least there is initial discussions...wait for it and buy it!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!

The Denton Alums are palnning on selling a "spirit" T-Shirt fopr that game like they did for the Navy game...at least there is initial discussions...wait for it and buy it!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!

I can see it know...

BOMB ARMY!!

Oh, no wait we can't do that while our Army is at war... umm, BEAT ARMY!

No, wait... PLAY ARMY TO ATTRITION!

GREAT to have six games at home this year...I just hope we do not have a home game on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That, folks, is not a good "home date" for UNT based on pruior year's experiences with attendance, tailgate attendees and even weather! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Man, will that Army game on the 21st of Nov. be a fun time at Fouts!!! Greatness, just greatness...like the Navy game a couple of years ago. Can't wait!

Great job KRAM1!! Let's get that green spirit wear out there!!

Guest GrayEagleOne

I hate to steal the thread back but it was announced tonight that Ohio would be the second game of the season. The conference schedule still has to be worked so we won't know the order of the conference schedule for awhile except that there will be four home games and four away. The four home games should be Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and ULM. I hope that one of them is not on November 28; it's our turn for an away game then.