Mean Green Signing Day Thread

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilbert Jackson in...is it wrong that I kinda wanted him to bail, nothing against the kid but there are a couple of kids waiting around (the Taylors from Mesquite) who I think would've been better options?

I coached this kid at Rowlett. I can tell you from coaching him the last 3 years that he can play. He has high character and will never be an academic issue. He is excited about North Texas and really looking forward to being part of the Mean Green. I don't think he really ever considered anyone else after NT showed interest.

He shut down Dan Bucker (currently at Texas) in 2007 when we beat Allen. Buckner didn't find the endzone until we were up 30-0. He is a "shut down" corner in the making and could convert to safety without any problem.

Knowing his character, once he gave his word, he would never consider "bailing".

Be glad we got him.

I coached this kid at Rowlett. I can tell you from coaching him the last 3 years that he can play. He has high character and will never be an academic issue. He is excited about North Texas and really looking forward to being part of the Mean Green. I don't think he really ever considered anyone else after NT showed interest.

He shut down Dan Bucker (currently at Texas) in 2007 when we beat Allen. Buckner didn't find the endzone until we were up 30-0. He is a "shut down" corner in the making and could convert to safety without any problem.

Knowing his character, once he gave his word, he would never consider "bailing".

Be glad we got him.

Glad to have a player of that quality..even happier to have a player of that character

Be glad we got him.

Thanks for the inside info. I was pretty happy with him, am a little happier now.

Be glad we got him.

I didn't know that much about him before you posted, and am glad you were here to inform us of our good fortune. Thank you for coaching him, and for standing up for him as you did.

Assessment of Hilbert Jackson (Rivals):

"ASSETS: Has excellent height for a corner and has hips on a swivel.

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Needs to work on overall speed and become a more physical tackler.

MOST IMPRESSIVE PLAY: Watching his feet and hips react to a stop-and-go route run by John Harris, he kept in great defensive position the entire time.

CONCLUSION: Excellent pickup for UNT. If Jackson does not make it as a corner he has enough size to become a free safety."

LB Daniel Prior:

"THE SCOOP: With the Mean Green Defense ranking at or near the bottom of every category in the Sun Belt Conference, the North Texas coaching staff his the recruiting trail and found a great in-state prospect in Daniel Prior. Prior, who possesses 4.66 speed, will be an immediate impact player and could contend for a starting role his freshman season."

TE Austin Fitzpatrick:

"I went up to their camp this summer and really liked the campus and the atmosphere," he said. "They want to play me as the big slot receiver, which is exciting. The coaches called and offered, and I committed right away. I got to talk with his son, who will be the quarterback there, and he seemed great also."