Jon Gruden

meangreen-mba

Did anybody else hear that Jon Gruden is looking for a job, any job as long as it is coaching. He said NFL, College ( I would love to coach college kids), or High School. "I am addicted to coaching". Not a bads option. I think he would be a hard-a$$ that could turn this program around. Now dont get me wrong, I'm not a Dodge hater, or even want him gone.....I'm just saying..........

Southlake Carroll?? I'm just saying...... :unsure:

Not sure that money is his motivation anymore. I think a challenge like UNT might make it worth while He is a egomaniac. What better challenge than to prove what a great coach he is by turning UNT into a 12 -1 team from the Sunbelt Conference. He is still young. He does that, then his next gig will pay him whatever....if he decideds to move on. I think he is just a football coach wanting to coach football. UNT plays football.....sort of.

Not sure that money is his motivation anymore. I think a challenge like UNT might make it worth while He is a egomaniac. What better challenge than to prove what a great coach he is by turning UNT into a 12 -1 team from the Sunbelt Conference. He is still young. He does that, then his next gig will pay him whatever....if he decideds to move on. I think he is just a football coach wanting to coach football. UNT plays football.....sort of.

If he's looking for currently crappy schools with no job openings, why not Syracuse, TAMU, Iowa State, Vandy, Miss St., Indiana, Washington or WSU?

Also, the thought of Gruden working with Riley with his history of "loving and nurturing" his QBs is just scary.

Did anybody else hear that Jon Gruden is looking for a job, any job as long as it is coaching. He said NFL, College ( I would love to coach college kids), or High School. "I am addicted to coaching". Not a bads option. I think he would be a hard-a$$ that could turn this program around. Now dont get me wrong, I'm not a Dodge hater, or even want him gone.....I'm just saying..........

Are you doing a bit or do really want people to take your point seriously?

Are you doing a bit or do really want people to take your point seriously?

I was jsut saying....Jon Gruden is available. I think Dodge will eventually turn this around....but the thought to JG would be interesting. I like his attitude about winning. Kind of reminds me of Jimmy Johnson. Again, I dont think money is an issue with him. He is rich already

I was jsut saying....Jon Gruden is available. I think Dodge will eventually turn this around....but the thought to JG would be interesting. I like his attitude about winning. Kind of reminds me of Jimmy Johnson. Again, I dont think money is an issue with him. He is rich already

I hate to sports-bully here....but this is a very ridiculous thread that you have started. Anyone that follows the NFL, college football, or has a decent handle on sports knows full-well that a young NFL coach with a superbowl ring in his safe-deposit box does not take a job at a Sun-Belt school. You are taklking about a guy that can land another head coaching job in the NFL without really having to interview. I do agree that he has some Jimmy in him, but taking the job at North Texas is like taking 5 steps down in his professional career. And I know that money is still factor with he and coaches like him, so don't go acting like he is ready to take a dramatic pay-cut. And even if he did agree to pay for peanuts, our school still probably couldn't afford him.

I don't mean to come across as a jerk, but to even mention that Gruden would even consider coming here is just absurd.

Jon Gruden's coaching career

University of Tennessee

(graduate assistant)

Southeast Missouri State

(quarterbacks coach)

University of Pacific

(wide receivers coach)

San Francisco 49ers

(offensive quality control coach)

University of Pittsburgh

(wide receivers coach)

Green Bay Packers

(offensive assistant)

Green Bay Packers

(wide receivers coach)

Philadelphia Eagles

(offensive coordinator)

Oakland Raiders

(head coach)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

(head coach)

University of North Texas

(Defensive Tackles Coach)

I hate to sports-bully here....but this is a very ridiculous thread that you have started. Anyone that follows the NFL, college football, or has a decent handle on sports knows full-well that a young NFL coach with a superbowl ring in his safe-deposit box does not take a job at a Sun-Belt school. You are taklking about a guy that can land another head coaching job in the NFL without really having to interview. I do agree that he has some Jimmy in him, but taking the job at North Texas is like taking 5 steps down in his professional career. And I know that money is still factor with he and coaches like him, so don't go acting like he is ready to take a dramatic pay-cut. And even if he did agree to pay for peanuts, our school still probably couldn't afford him.

I don't mean to come across as a jerk, but to even mention that Gruden would even consider coming here is just absurd.

Get a grip, I was just tossing it up in the air. I knwo Gruden will not come here....I was just having fun on the board. They make a really good decaff these days!!!!

Get a grip, I was just tossing it up in the air. I knwo Gruden will not come here....I was just having fun on the board. They make a really good decaff these days!!!!

Then should we all expect threads from you that throw out the idea that Mike Shanahan, Herman Edwards, or what about Bill Cowher coming here?? Or maybe we can dig up the late Knute Rokne and we can go back to running the football with an occasional forward pass. Believe it or not a lot of people frequent this board to get up to date info about the program, and have a realistsic conversation about the Mean Green. I am not saying the threads that perpetuate BS aren't fun, but a thread like this is pretty good waste of time.

By the way. I like my coffee black and hot, and I only drink de-caf after 7pm.

This is such a garbage post. I am shocked at the just mindless waste of time this is. Wow. Haha wow. You deserve to get treated like Gordo was this morning.

Edited by LittleMeanGreenMan