Any Word On New Dt Coach?

eulessismore

Hey, it might be a step down position wise for this guy, since he's now a DC, but it would be a step up in classification, since he's now at FCS Grambling. I found him by looking under the Yahoo sports FCS defensive stats; Grambling had something like 2.9 avg per carry against them.

Link to my DT coach prospect

Edited by eulessismore

I've beem campaigning for THIS GUY forever. We need him badly. He would be a good candidate for a HC as well.<a href="http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=106407&Q_SEASON=2007" target="_blank">

</a>

He does sound like he'd be a great fit here, but I have doubted that we could make lateral hires from other FBS schools. Also, Okie State being in the Big 12 and getting major contributions from the likes of T. Boone Pickens, it seems like they could make it tough for us to lure coaches away from them.

GreenBat, is Nelson Barnes still at Oklahoma State? I thought that he had been given the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere. I could not find where he coached in 2008. Maybe I just missed him. I always thought that he was a really good man and a good coach, too.

He does sound like he'd be a great fit here, but I have doubted that we could make lateral hires from other FBS schools. Also, Okie State being in the Big 12 and getting major contributions from the likes of T. Boone Pickens, it seems like they could make it tough for us to lure coaches away from them.

He is a UNT alum. You never know if you don't ask.

GreenBat, is Nelson Barnes still at Oklahoma State? I thought that he had been given the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere. I could not find where he coached in 2008. Maybe I just missed him. I always thought that he was a really good man and a good coach, too.

According to the Sporting News in this story, Barnes was terminated at Oklahoma State in January 2008 after "Oklahoma State ranked 103rd in total defense, out of 119 teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision."

I doubt that Coach Barnes was the cause of the poor defensive performance, but Gandy surely felt pressure to make changes with all of the money that boosters were throwing at the program.

My personal opinion is that Nelson Barnes is a tough as nails coach that seemed not only very popular with his players while he coached at North Texas, but also got them to play their best.

I'd love to see him back with North Texas.

According to the Sporting News in this story, Barnes was terminated at Oklahoma State in January 2008 after "Oklahoma State ranked 103rd in total defense, out of 119 teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision."

I doubt that Coach Barnes was the cause of the poor defensive performance, but Gandy surely felt pressure to make changes with all of the money that boosters were throwing at the program.

My personal opinion is that Nelson Barnes is a tough as nails coach that seemed not only very popular with his players while he coached at North Texas, but also got them to play their best.

I'd love to see him back with North Texas.

Well, if he's looking for work, you've certainly written an impressive resume for him..... B)