Banquet Award Winners/recruits On Hand

Brett Vito

I'm thinking the recruit is Deantre Harlan...not Deontre Harlon. If so, he's a TE/DT from Everman:

http://www.maxpreps.com/texas/football/eve...h=,local,player

If so, would he be recruited to play tight end (I hope) rather than DT? The TE to DT conversion doesn't seem to have worked with Jordan Scoggins, but maybe it could with this guy, who knows.

If so, would he be recruited to play tight end (I hope) rather than DT? The TE to DT conversion doesn't seem to have worked with Jordan Scoggins, but maybe it could with this guy, who knows.

I'm not sure.....did Scoggins play any DT at Euless?

Harlan...according to that stats page which I posted...played both ways. (you have to click on it to show the Defensive stats).

BTW....it'd be fine with me if he was being recruited solely as a TE.....that would mean that TD plans to use one more often. Very nice yards per catch.....for a tight end.

I'm not sure.....did Scoggins play any DT at Euless?

Harlan...according to that stats page which I posted...played both ways. (you have to click on it to show the Defensive stats).

BTW....it'd be fine with me if he was being recruited solely as a TE.....that would mean that TD plans to use one more often. Very nice yards per catch.....for a tight end.

As far as I know, Scoggins did not play defensively at Euless Trinity. I mentioned to Coach Lineweaver at a boosters club meeting this year that Scoggins was getting some playing time, to which Coach responded something like "maybe he's making the adjustment to defense".

For those of you who saw Everman play, you knew this, but Harlan was a WR at Everman. Stud athlete. Raw, but athletic, and a ridiculously good looking frame. 6'4" 255lbs as measured this weekend at the NT Athletic Complex. This is an intriguing recruit who wants to stay close to home.

For those of you who saw Everman play, you knew this, but Harlan was a WR at Everman. Stud athlete. Raw, but athletic, and a ridiculously good looking frame. 6'4" 255lbs as measured this weekend at the NT Athletic Complex. This is an intriguing recruit who wants to stay close to home.

I can't find anything on the Longview kid, Christopher Knighton. Any news. Go Lobos!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!

Check rivals under Chris Knighton...he is a smallish guard

I found this on the killerfrogs.com site, supposedly from scout.com:

"DE Christopher Knighton 6-3/240/4.8 Longview, Texas HM All-State, Texas Prep All East Texas and had a tremendous senior year at DE after moving from primarily an OG, 65-tackles, 12-sacks, 15-TFL, 1-CF, 1-FR, 3-PBU, 1-Interception."

Also, he was TexasPrepInsider 2008 class 4A second team all state at DL.

Here's a line to the LaTech story on Knighton. If North Texas is recruiting this guy, it must be in a very stealthy way.

LaTech/Scout.com re Knighton

Edited by eulessismore

"DE Christopher Knighton 6-3/240/4.8 Longview, Texas HM All-State, Texas Prep All East Texas and had a tremendous senior year at DE after moving from primarily an OG, 65-tackles, 12-sacks, 15-TFL, 1-CF, 1-FR, 3-PBU, 1-Interception."

Here's a line to the LaTech story on Knighton. If North Texas is recruiting this guy, it must be in a very stealthy way.

It's my understanding he has an offer from NT along with John Weber and Kelvin Jackson.

Its my understanding from info last week that NT has offerred him along with Kelvin Jackson and John Weber

COMMITED to NORTH TEXAS

Edited by UNT Mean Green

That is funny...when I typed his name into rivals this morning, we weren't even listed as team he was interested in, he had zero stars, and was listed as a guard.

Now he is a 2* player at DE and it says he is a solid verbal for us...rather than being an undersized guard this morning, he is DE with decent size now...nice :D

Good pics of Knighton, he looks good in that 3 point stance. Impressive numbers last season as well 12 sacks 15 tfl

Best news is that he's only played 1 season at DE so he is still raw , so maybe he could redshirt and be Gilmore's replacement for 4 years