What If Tune Is The Man?

mean green d

Tune quit

Someone else close to Nathan Tune says that is not true: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=404519

Oh, maybe not then. Either I'm wrong or nathan reconsidered. I appologize for either being right or spreading misinformation. I guess we will see.

What if Nathan Tune is the heir apparent at QB? Does anyone know if he is ready to take the reigns if Dodge is not? Let the mean green natives pipe in!

GMG

Then he gets my support, just like every Mean Green starting quarterback has. I might have hoped for the second string QB to get more playing time, but I always supported and cheered for the QB that the Head Coach decided on. And I will do the same next year, whether the starting QB is Riley, Nathan or someone else.

Oh, maybe not then. Either I'm wrong or nathan reconsidered. I appologize for either being right or spreading misinformation. I guess we will see.

wow...someone owning up to not being right or spreading misinformation???? KUDOS BRO!!! now, if only everyone would do that!

tune was highly thought of coming to north texas. maybe he wins, who knows!

Even if he's not, in this offense, it is imperative to have a capable backup. I don't think we saw as much running from the QB position last year as this offense really needs to be successful. Even from just 2007 our rushing attempts by the QB in 2008 went way down---with yardage gained getting cut by more than half:

2007:

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

Vizza, Giovanni 10 133 511 212 299 2.2 2 38 29.9

Meager, Daniel 5 36 127 110 17 0.5 0 24 3.4

2008:

Vizza,Giovanni 12 95 342 226 116 1.2 2 38 9.7

Tune,Nathan 6 12 34 9 25 2.1 0 8 4.2

Phillips,Matt 9 1 2 0 2 2.0 0 2 0.2

Meager,Daniel 2 3 4 4 0 0.0 0 4 0.0

Riley REALLY brings the threat of the run with him when he gets on the field. That's one of the biggest reasons why I think this offense will be better next year. Riley is a serious home run threat running the ball and I think that'll be something that the offense focuses on when he's on the field.

Edited by TIgreen01

I have been "interested" in Nathan Tune as a QB for a couple of years and have been wanting to see him get more playing time. A walk-on...good family and good kid...can play some QB too. Coach Dodge should give him some solid looks...I would have no problem going into the 2009 season with Nathan Tune as my #1 QB. But, he needs a shot to earn it...if he gets the shot and Riley or someone else really does win the job...so be it, but let's give everyone a shot. Personally, I do think that will happen.

Just for the record...I have been hearing that Tuine was going to leave the team...then heard "why" and then heard that he was definitely staying...In checking it out a bit....still lots of rumores, but I do think you will see Nathan at spring practice for the Mean Green.

Even if he's not, in this offense, it is imperative to have a capable backup. I don't think we saw as much running from the QB position last year as this offense really needs to be successful. Even from just 2007 our rushing attempts by the QB in 2008 went way down---with yardage gained getting cut by more than half:

2007:

Vizza, Giovanni 10 133 511 212 299 2.2 2 38 29.9

Meager, Daniel 5 36 127 110 17 0.5 0 24 3.4

2008:

Vizza,Giovanni 12 95 342 226 116 1.2 2 38 9.7

Tune,Nathan 6 12 34 9 25 2.1 0 8 4.2

Phillips,Matt 9 1 2 0 2 2.0 0 2 0.2

Meager,Daniel 2 3 4 4 0 0.0 0 4 0.0

Riley REALLY brings the threat of the run with him when he gets on the field. That's one of the biggest reasons why I think this offense will be better next year. Riley is a serious home run threat running the ball and I think that'll be something that the offense focuses on when he's on the field.

I agree this offense needs a Dual threat. Do I think Tune is a Dual Threat ...no because the lack of speed.

I'm hearing Chase Baine is stepping up to play and compete at the QB position for the spring. If this is true nothing against Tune but if the competition is an open one..... its going to be between Riley and Chase because they are both true Dual Threat QBs with lighting fast speed. They both run and throw very similar to the RICE QB and many of us saw how good he was. If one of these two can step up and perform like that type of QB we could be "In the HUNT" for allot of games .