Unt Lands Another Recruit

Brett Vito

Little blurb about the kid (Dated March 13, 2008):

http://ssfootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=785137

"Texas lineman John Noble is said to be one of the top player at his position despite not yet holding an offer. Noble from Rockwall (Texas) has great size at 6-5, 289 and with a 73.35 SPARQ rating should start opening up some eyes of coaches. "

Rivals lists him as a "soft verbal" and 6'6" 289lbs. I would think that size projects to a tackle.

Anybody know if we are recruiting Denton Guyer?

Wish the kid would take a visit to North Texas. After touring the campus and seeing the high quality coeds at NT, he'd surely go from a soft verbal to a "hard verbal".

Edited by DeepGreen

I don't think it's possible to major in music performance and be a 1-A scholarship football player.

Doesn't sound like he wants to major in music. I could really care less. I just hope he finds something to his liking and contributes for a solid 3 or 4 years.

On the NT rivals page he is not listed as a commit..........However, the link on the DRC shows him as committed. When you click the NT link on his rivals page (the one linked on DRC) he is not shown as a commit either.

I have a copy of his Rivals listing and it shows him committed to NT and a NT offer which I copied when his announcement was noted. Try this link http://theoldcoach.rivals.com use the search feature using his name.

Looks like a great pick-up...and, geee, he knows the team has been losing and he still wants to play for UNT! So, no excuses here...you know what you are getting yourself into at UNT...the opportunity to start building a winning tradition and a winning program. Build it now with guys that want to play here...nice...WELCOME TO UNT!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Hey, is it just me, or does this recruiting class seem to be shaping up as a decent one where UNT is getting some needed help? What do you think? Not bad at all for me at the moment.