Riley Dodge

LAZER

I am not prone to personal attacks (not true), but this post is one of the dumbest things I have read on this board. And that is saying something.

CASEY FITZGERALD.

How soon we forget...

I will stick with my definition of "Special"

good player but did not CHANGE the outcome of many games...

* removed politically incorrect statement about 97&03 profile pic before i was put on probation

Edited by RETSO

His failure to actually face Coach may have something to do with the fact that he was in San Antonio when the decision was made , if in fact it was made during the winter break. The others were on campus when they decided to leave the team.

Being in San Antonio is no excuse, sorry. It is not that far to drive, and Southwest has several flights. He could have flown in and met with Dodge in the conference center at Love Field as his family is certainly not destitute. Given his role on the team up to this point, I think he and his Dad handled all of this in a very irresponsible way. It is his prerogative to leave, but be a leader and a man, own up to your decison.

What if he passes for 4000 yards and 40 touchdowns but the defense regresses, leading to another 1-2 win season but with a fixed offense.

Would you still want to fire Dodge and risk losing Riley or stay the course?

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. I stole that from someone.

Riley would then be averaging over 23 ppg by himself. Still 1-11, 2-12? Yes, you fire the coach.

Riley would then be averaging over 23 ppg by himself. Still 1-11, 2-12? Yes, you fire the coach.

Henry Russell "Red" Sanders?

Very good question. I think that if we see the offense really explode next year and we are actually still in games in the fourth quarter he stays. Maybe DeLoach gets fired then. Let's be honest, Dodge was hired to fix the offense. Unfortunately, he broke the defense and now that needs repair. But I think if the offense is just lighting people up each game (40+ points each game), then he probably stays regardless of the record.

See....I have to disagree with this thought. I know ebone has been prodding people lately about a perceived "double standard", but I think it's pretty clear that too much blame has been placed on our DC's over Dodge's first two years. You have 2 different coordinators producing roughly the same results and I think you can begin to see a pattern and question the overall plan that is being worked toward.

That said, I do think that DeLoach had to break in too many young and inexperienced players this past season to get a real feel for exactly how he's going to put his stamp on this team. If we see more of the same, though I'd be more inclined to question just how much freedom the HC is allowing for our DCs to operate in----based solely on DeLoach's past here at NT; right or wrong, that's how I see it.

So, to answer the original question....Riley has those numbers and the defense/ST are just as miserable as last season, then Dodge is more in question. Simply put, Dodge will never be a successful coach here at UNT if the defense and special teams don't dramatically improve from here on out. He's the guy in charge so HE has to see to it that these areas are addressed.

Sorry I missed it. I would probably enjoy it so PM it to me if you like.

To be fair to Casey, wouldn't you say that there wasn't much to change? We were not in a lot of games that he could alter solely by a play or two. Was 10 catches a game not enough? 99yd TD run against ULM? All American mention. Bilitnikov award semi-finalist. First-team all conference.

Seriously, what more do you want from the guy?

Wait, if we haven't had a special player since 2004-2005, that means...

a.) All those games of NCAA football the last three years were a lie. I SAW playmaker stars!

b.) Johnny Quinn lived off the hype for two years

c.) Casey Fitzgerald was a hard-working Irishman who brought a lunch pail every day

d.) Using retroactive logic, Brian Waters wasted his UNT career by not changing the outcome of more games and should be no more celebrated than Robbie Vanderslice.

a.) All those games of NCAA football the last three years were a lie. I SAW playmaker stars!

c.) Casey Fitzgerald was a hard-working Irishman who brought a lunch pail every day

d.) Using retroactive logic, Brian Waters wasted his UNT career by not changing the outcome of more games and should be no more celebrated than Robbie Vanderslice.

a.) NCAA football is what I believe really got DD fired. The 2005 season with Jamario and Cobbs in the same backfield was literally unstoppable. When DD failed to live up to this even remotely....he was out the door---which explains why he was fired mid-season the following year. You can't get fired mid-season unless people already want you gone, right? Think back....how many people screamed from the stands to just get them on the field at the same time? Lots. I was one....and I KNOW it would have worked b/c it worked on playstation!

b.) You have to change your screen name. I demand it. How dare you.

c.) True. He was a black Irish ninja.

d.) Brian Waters was possibly underused here at NT....and I think he played 3-4 positions. All at the same time. He was a monster.

A.) live in the real world

B.) CFL'er

C.) system stats?????

D.) played TE and DE....and was NOT a special ALL-PRO G while he was here

Edited by RETSO

A.) live in the real world

B.) CFL'er

C.) system stats?????

D.) played TE and DE....and was NOT a special ALL-PRO G while he was here

E.) Wear a helmet when you post - it protects from falling sarcasm

F.) You can hate Todd Dodge all you want, but you're really going to start downplaying Fitz before they've even printed his diploma? Awesome.

See....I have to disagree with this thought. I know ebone has been prodding people lately about a perceived "double standard", but I think it's pretty clear that too much blame has been placed on our DC's over Dodge's first two years. You have 2 different coordinators producing roughly the same results and I think you can begin to see a pattern and question the overall plan that is being worked toward.

That said, I do think that DeLoach had to break in too many young and inexperienced players this past season to get a real feel for exactly how he's going to put his stamp on this team. If we see more of the same, though I'd be more inclined to question just how much freedom the HC is allowing for our DCs to operate in----based solely on DeLoach's past here at NT; right or wrong, that's how I see it.

So, to answer the original question....Riley has those numbers and the defense/ST are just as miserable as last season, then Dodge is more in question. Simply put, Dodge will never be a successful coach here at UNT if the defense and special teams don't dramatically improve from here on out. He's the guy in charge so HE has to see to it that these areas are addressed.

You know TI, most of the offense gurus don't give a damn about defense, and Dodge is no exception. I just do not believe he has done anything to hold Deloach back. I think Deloach simply does not have any horses in the stable that are up to racing right now. I mean, Deloach was not tied in a chair w/ tape on his mouth on the sidelines, at least at the games that I attended. And if you have the hides Deloach does, you don't stay at a place where you are held back. And he has not resigned, as for as I know. And it goes without saying that RV had a hand in bringing Deloach back, so I do not think he would sit back and let this happen either. Maybe a lot of other things, yes, but not the Deloach deal.

What if he passes for 4000 yards and 40 touchdowns but the defense regresses, leading to another 1-2 win season but with a fixed offense.

Would you still want to fire Dodge and risk losing Riley or stay the course?

People keep saying that if/when father leaves, son will soon follow. Why? If Dodge were leaving for another D1 hc/coordinator job I could see him possibly following daddy. Who in here thinks that if Todge is fired he'll immediately be heading to green pastures?

Rodge ain't goin no wherez.

E.) Wear a helmet when you post - it protects from falling sarcasm

F.) You can hate Todd Dodge all you want, but you're really going to start downplaying Fitz before they've even printed his diploma? Awesome.

G.) Sarcasm dually noted

H.) I am a Dodge supporter...as stated give him 4 years to prove himself

I.) Fitz was a good player on crappy teams

J.) I never even ripped on Fitz

K.) Isn't this thread about Rodge?

G.) Sarcasm dually noted

H.) I am a Dodge supporter...as stated give him 4 years to prove himself

I.) Fitz was a good player on crappy teams

J.) I never even ripped on Fitz

K.) Isn't this thread about Rodge?

L.) Bullets ahoy!

M.) What happens when we get to Z?

N.) I felt you downplayed him and I feel like we should treasure each and every bright spot like a beautiful diamond. Can we kiss and make up?

On Fitz, my one statement:

1) Yes, he was in a system to utilize his talents, but:

2) More importantly, he was THE top threat on the team, and with ALL of our opponents knowing the ball was going to Fitz, he still made the numbers. When people are giving you their full attention and you can still play at a high lvl, you deserve the accolades, system or not.

As to Riley, I'm eager and anxious to see the kid play here. There are legitimate questions as to his durability, size, and armstrength, but I'll wait til I see him in a full season's action to make any judgements on him. If he looks good on the field, does all he can to help the team win, puts up good numbers, etc... that's what I care about, regardless of whose kid he is.

L.) Bullets ahoy!

M.) What happens when we get to Z?

N.) I felt you downplayed him and I feel like we should treasure each and every bright spot like a beautiful diamond. Can we kiss and make up?

O.) my original post was suppose to be sarcasitic towards Big Dawgs overreaction to everyone being "special"

P.) he reminded me of KRAM jr....no offense Kram..

Q.) I guess we stop when we get to Z?

R.) or do we hold hands and pull a "Thelma and Louise"

thelma.jpg

I just realized that I included extra points made for these 40 touchdowns. Big mistake. Figuring we make half of them, make that 22 ppg.

No hate here,

Go Riley!!!!

Go Nathan!!!!!

I Agree KingDL1 ...............Lets all move on from this. Its done and over its time to support who we have and who might be " THE MAN" to lead the MEAN GREEN.

I must add my "sleeper" pick CHASE BAINE to kick up the competition a notch when spring ball comes around.

Friend of mine talked to the Glen Rose kid this week and he is pumped to get here as fast as he can. " I hope Dodge red-shirts him for future the though."

BAINE'S STAT'S FROM SENIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL. NOT SURE HOW IT WOULD TRANSLATE TO NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL, BUT PRETTY IMPRESSIVE

RUSHING

Player Att. Yds. TD

Justin Hill 204 1412 26

Chase Baine 219 1331 13

PASSING

Player C-A-I Yds. TD

Chase Baine 95-158-5 1688 12