Did Vizza See Writing On The Wall?

meangreenbob

Isn't this something that some of us have pondered? Vizza started 20 games over the last two seasons. But what should stand out more than the number of starts is the actual number of minutes he played. Meager, Phillips and Tune each saw little if any action at all during those 20 games and many of those games were out of reach at least by the 3rd quarter. Couldn't it be argued that Vizza was given every opportunity to distance himself from any current or future competition? Regardless who is at fault, Vizza did only managed 3 wins during that span of 20 games, right? Now Meager and Phillips are gone and Riley has by their departure automatically moved up the debth chart. Even though Vizza has a 20 game head start one might argue he didn't really establish himself as the undisputed starter based on the number of wins while he was at the helm.

The fact that there was nothing magical concerning Vizza's performance last year, one might easily speculate that the QB position would be up for grabs.

Maybe Vizza wasn't giving the opportunity to show his magic because of the play calling. Maybe the competition was really tough this year. Maybe the supporting cast just didn't have the talent or desire? Will any of us ever really know?

Yes, I too will miss Vizza but there is nothing I can do but look forward and hope we know what we are doing. A statement of confidence in the program from the AD's office would go a long way toward starting the healing process.

Earlier I posted that I wasn't concerned with the departure of Vizza. I hate to see him leave but their is nothing I can do. This whole thing is a mess. The only thing that will really wash this from our memories is to WIN NEXT YEAR!!!!! If it's Tune fine. If it's Dodge fine. Whoever....JUST WIN!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

The fact that there was nothing magical concerning Vizza's performance last year, one might easily speculate that the QB position would be up for grabs.

Man, I hope that is not speculation. I hope that is simply the way it is and every position, every year is up for grabs.

Keith

Man, I hope that is not speculation. I hope that is simply the way it is and every position, every year is up for grabs.

Keith

Especially after a 1-11 season.

Isn't this something that some of us have pondered? Vizza started 20 games over the last two seasons. But what should stand out more than the number of starts is the actual number of minutes he played. Meager, Phillips and Tune each saw little if any action at all during those 20 games and many of those games were out of reach at least by the 3rd quarter. Couldn't it be argued that Vizza was given every opportunity to distance himself from any current or future competition? Regardless who is at fault, Vizza did only managed 3 wins during that span of 20 games, right? Now Meager and Phillips are gone and Riley has by their departure automatically moved up the debth chart. Even though Vizza has a 20 game head start one might argue he didn't really establish himself as the undisputed starter based on the number of wins while he was at the helm.

Maybe Vizza wasn't giving the opportunity to show his magic because of the play calling. Maybe the competition was really tough this year. Maybe the supporting cast just didn't have the talent or desire? Will any of us ever really know?

Yes, I too will miss Vizza but there is nothing I can do but look forward and hope we know what we are doing. A statement of confidence in the program from the AD's office would go a long way toward starting the healing process.

Earlier I posted that I wasn't concerned with the departure of Vizza. I hate to see him leave but their is nothing I can do. This whole thing is a mess. The only thing that will really wash this from our memories is to WIN NEXT YEAR!!!!! If it's Tune fine. If it's Dodge fine. Whoever....JUST WIN!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Great post.