If Dodge Fails

Ok, let's pretend that there is a job opening here and Coach Strong is available. How much is he earning as the DC at Florida? If it's somewhere around (or more than)$200,000 then I serously doubt that he would take a pay cut to become the HC at North Texas.

I've said this many times, and this gives me an opportunity to say it again. We need to identify and hire guys like Charlie Strong (assuming that he's the real deal and can build a program up from practically scratch) while they are promising assistants at Southern Ill. etc. By the time they are recognized DC's or OC's at big programs, they are out of our price range.

The other alternative would be a promising young HC at a 1-AA, D-II or D-III school that took the program from practically nothing to the playoffs......or a championship.

Ok, let's pretend that there is a job opening here and Coach Strong is available. How much is he earning as the DC at Florida? If it's somewhere around (or more than)$200,000 then I serously doubt that he would take a pay cut to become the HC at North Texas.

I've said this many times, and this gives me an opportunity to say it again. We need to identify and hire guys like Charlie Strong (assuming that he's the real deal and can build a program up from practically scratch) while they are promising assistants at Southern Ill. etc. By the time they are recognized DC's or OC's at big programs, they are out of our price range.

The other alternative would be a promising young HC at a 1-AA, D-II or D-III school that took the program from practically nothing to the playoffs......or a championship.

Great Plan!

Or get away from the "fire 'em all" mentality that sent all the assistants to the fomer head coach packing, AND require that the present head coach "hire guys like Charlie Strong (assuming that he's the real deal and can build a program up from practically scratch) while they are promising assistants at Southern Ill. etc". That way, if it becomes necessary to relieve the head coach of his duties, one of those said assistants can be considered as one of the potential head coach candidates.

It might even be possible to hire a good head coach from the FCS level; but those at programs such as Richmond, Montana, Delaware, Cal Poly, Texas State, Central Arkansas, etc. may have a sweet enough situation that they would require a pretty high salary to leave, or would be able to demand a good starting salary at an FBS program. I think Bailiff probably got a good compensation package when he left Texas State to go Rice, and same with the guy who left Cal Poly for Army recently.

While we're at it, we need to be projecting stocks that will be successful while they are still cheap so we can buy low and sell high. Why don't we do more of that?

I do it all the time. As soon as my Belo shares go on the rise I'm gonna be rich bitches!!

I do it all the time. As soon as my Belo shares go on the rise I'm gonna be rich bitches!!

You may be that smart guy that everyone is always hoping is out there. I saw a recent quote to the effect that conspiracy theories get perpetuated because of peoples' unending desire to believe that someone out there knows what they're doing.

Unless you own shares of IBM, Google or Haliburton or have followed people who buy them, you really aren't qualified to even discuss this, n00b.

Or get away from the "fire 'em all" mentality that sent all the assistants to the fomer head coach packing, AND require that the present head coach "hire guys like Charlie Strong (assuming that he's the real deal and can build a program up from practically scratch) while they are promising assistants at Southern Ill. etc". That way, if it becomes necessary to relieve the head coach of his duties, one of those said assistants can be considered as one of the potential head coach candidates.

It might even be possible to hire a good head coach from the FCS level; but those at programs such as Richmond, Montana, Delaware, Cal Poly, Texas State, Central Arkansas, etc. may have a sweet enough situation that they would require a pretty high salary to leave, or would be able to demand a good starting salary at an FBS program. I think Bailiff probably got a good compensation package when he left Texas State to go Rice, and same with the guy who left Cal Poly for Army recently.

If the right job came Coach conque would leave, I think he only makes $115K or $140K, he had initially applied for the Illinois state position, which would have been lateral, so if a I-A gave a chance he would jump for a salary around $180 to 200K.

Who you callin n00b.... I bet my portfolio could kick your portfolio's ass all day long.

Yeah - you're like small portfolio can keep up with the amazing hedge fund of my friend Tommy. I've followed his investments and cheered them on like a son for years, so I think I know a little something about investing. You digust me and I hope we never speak again.

Guest GrayEagleOne

This is what happens when some are constantly stealing threads. Some of the remarks are clever but have zero to do with the topic (ok, maybe one if you stretch it far enough).

I keep seeing personal attacks, reeligion, politics, sexual references, etc. on this football thread, where it has no place. Come on guys, take these comments elsewhere.

This is what happens when some are constantly stealing threads. Some of the remarks are clever but have zero to do with the topic (ok, maybe one if you stretch it far enough).

I keep seeing personal attacks, reeligion, politics, sexual references, etc. on this football thread, where it has no place. Come on guys, take these comments elsewhere.

Agreed. Now back to the heart of the topic.... If Todd Dodge fails, I agree that we should bring in one of the nations most high profile coordinators to be out next HC.

Agreed. Now back to the heart of the topic.... If Todd Dodge fails, I agree that we should bring in one of the nations most high profile coordinators to be out next HC.

I disagree. I'd like someone with both college and NFL coaching experience...maybe Jim Fassel.

Thanks Jack. I'm constantly amazed at how much ADHD there is out there.

If you think hijacks are what is harming your GMG.com experience, you are obviously not familiar with stupidity and ignorance.

In other news, most of the personal attacks, religion and politics have come from a bunch of old people who want to push views on everyone and flip out when challenged.

If you think hijacks are what is harming your GMG.com experience, you are obviously not familiar with stupidity and ignorance.

In other news, most of the personal attacks, religion and politics have come from a bunch of old people who want to push views on everyone and flip out when challenged.

And...boom goes the dynamite