Excerpt From Sbc Web Site

OldTimer

UNT - I feel like UNT will no doubt have a better season. Didn't they have the most freshman starters for an FBS team this season? They did have a pretty talented recruiting class last season, so I think the experience that the freshmen have gotten will help a lot. Plus, UNT is getting some JUCO's to help the lines out.

Its interesting an outsider thinks more highly of our football than a lot NT fans.

UNT - I feel like UNT will no doubt have a better season. Didn't they have the most freshman starters for an FBS team this season? They did have a pretty talented recruiting class last season, so I think the experience that the freshmen have gotten will help a lot. Plus, UNT is getting some JUCO's to help the lines out.

Its interesting an outsider thinks more highly of our football than a lot NT fans.

I don't want to be the guy who just attacks the positive all the time (there's enough of them), but:

The FBS young starters thing gets debunked every time it is mentioned. Do the Sun Belt board folks not follow MTSU? We aren't asking for a title - most would have been happy with 4 wins last year - or even 0-11 with 10 close losses would make many of the grumblers feel better. It was the non-competitiveness that killed everyone's spirit, not the losing. Most don't complain that we lost - it's how we lost. Also, it's not like we just went out and signed this massive bounty of JC linemen on both sides of the ball.

now to balance with positivity - it's all green and it's all good!!!!

I am eager to see how last year's recruiting class progresses.

I think the O Line has a lot of potential for next year and the guys we signed and/or redshirted should help.

Perhaps one difference in points of view comes from the fact that North Texas fans have actually seen the team play while others have not. That could certainly change one's point of view. Also, it isn't just one season that brings on being negative. In the last sixteen years we have had four winning seasons. That is just not acceptable. I chose to not attend the last game of the season because I am just tired of seeing us get our tails kicked over and over and over again.