Sean Warren Commits To ...

Brett Vito

He wanted UNT. UNT did not want him. What about this story suggest we are competing with a 1-AA program?

:mellow:

I was referencing another thread and our recruitment of Bean. Seems Bean and Warren have 1 thing in common: UNT the only 1A school to offer them a scholly.

I was referencing another thread and our recruitment of Bean. Seems Bean and Warren have 1 thing in common: UNT the only 1A school to offer them a scholly.

I joined this board around the time Dodge was announced the head coach. I like reading the posts. I may not be an active member, I do apologize, but I do regularly read. I have to speak up when I hear comments like "we were the only one offering." It reminds me of when LT was recruited. He was offered by 2 programs - TCU & UNT. Just because someone only has 1 or 2 offers does not seal that recruit's fate as being unworthy of a scholarship or he will never amount to anything at North Texas. Maybe I reading something into the comment that is not there, but I really get frustrated with posts of this nature.

In no way am I suggesting this recruit is LT or will turn into the special player he became as I realize he is a once in a lifetime recruit. With recruiting being part science (speed, strength, bench press, etc...) and part art (football speed, having a knack for the game, etc...), lets give the kid at least a year before accusing the staff of not knowing what they are doing (we may already have enough evidence to make this accusation without any further help from this young man :rolleyes:) or the player for being a lower level college division talent.

Look, this recruit wasn't that great anyway. The film of him was average at best.

The problem is deeper...that three recruiting classes into this thing Todd Dodge is having to comb JUCOs for linemen is the problem. He didn't sign enough in classes one and two.

Again, the illness of UNT is poor line play on both sides of the ball. The symptom is poor recruiting.

WRs and DBs, plenty, because Todd Dodge mistakenly believed he could win with skill players alone, as can happen in high school ball. Division I college football is a completely different animal. He's struggling mightily to catch up. He probably won't.

Our current hope is that the few decent players still here stick it out for the new coaching staff in 2010.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

He wanted UNT. UNT did not want him. What about this story suggest we are competing with a 1-AA program?

:mellow:

see link

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

Vito's comments:

Just to clarify my earlier blog. Sean Warren of Blinn had an offer from UNT. He just didn't have a midterm offer. . . . . .

Make no mistake about it; this is a calculated risk on UNT's part.

he olny picked them because UNT pulled its scolly....do you even read the entire article?

did you read the past and present articles?? :P

January 5, 2009

Recruiting update

8:51 PM Mon, Jan 05, 2009 | Permalink

Brett Vito E-mail News tips

Just to clarify my earlier blog. Sean Warren of Blinn had an offer from UNT. He just didn't have a midterm offer.

Does it worry anyone that Adkinson's commitment appeared very soft? I hope we have something working in the HS ranks.

ABSOLUTELY!

This guy seems to be trying to do everything he can to find somewhere else to go other than NT. There is nothing in the HS ranks that is going to help us immediately, and immediate help at DT is what this team HAS to have to see any improvement on defense!

BE AFRAID...VERY AFRAID!!!

Warren to SFA-- so what. This player wanted recruiting to go his way.

I wonder why UAB, who is needing defensive players badly, would

pull their offer also. I do believe the staff had a good reason to let

this player go. Since the NT fans are not in the recruiting board

room, and have no idea of all the players the staff is recruiting,

there is no reason to panic, or be afraid, or feel like a 1-AA

school is out recruiting NT or Coach Dodge. Look at the caliber

of recruiting prospects the staff has gone after and continues to

recruit. Coach Dodge and the staff have evaluated the needs

of the team, and are working their butts off to gain the

commitments of the players they want and need!

There are about 10 scholarships available, so I would want

the staff to be very selective with recruits, during the final

few weeks of recruiting. I am very confident the staff has key

target players they want, and I am confident the staff will

gain the players commitments.

I say we start competing with Texas for the 5 stars or just close down and drop football..... :mellow:

No, but maybe Baylor, Smu, TCU. Yes, I know about last year. I'm talking this year. I do hold out hope that Flax will come back into the fold (please, please!!).