I Found This Comment Interesting During...

UNTLifer

The announcers mentioned that Stoops had commented about one of his recruits at OLB that was playing in this game should be really something in a year or two after he adjusts to the college game, being away from home, etc...

The announcers mentioned that Stoops had commented about one of his recruits at OLB that was playing in this game should be really something in a year or two after he adjusts to the college game, being away from home, etc...

You didn't finish the quote. He also said "I fully expect to be blown out in the meantime and have my fanbase accept it."

Guess this means Stoops is recruiting him as a special teams player. <_<

So exactly how did Stoops get around the NCAA Rule of not commenting on recruits until after they have signed a LOI? Unless it was a JUCO, but why waste a scholarship on a 2 year player that will take 2 years to develop.

You didn't finish the quote. He also said "I fully expect to be blown out in the meantime and have my fanbase accept it."

Not even related to the point I was making. Then again, I expect you to spin things to fit your current agenda.

Not even related to the point I was making. Then again, I expect you to spin things to fit your current agenda.

If there's one thing you obviously hate, it's posting with an agenda.

Is it ironic that this post about agendas was right on time?

I think agendas are good.

I come from a higher message board plane that only shares pure information for no purpose except to help others find the truth within themselves. I can also heal leprosy over the internet.

Actually it's spot on with the "point" you were making. You referenced Bob Stoops and his saying that young players need time to develop...I referenced the fact that so many on this board believe that it is ok is they get pummeled in the meantime while they gain "seasoning."

If you couldn't catch on to this the first time I apologize.

This is, of course, putting words into Bob Stoops' mouth because freshmen and sophomore have always made major impacts during his time there. From Quentin Griffin, Andre Woolfolk, Trent Smith and a whole host of others in 1999 to their leading tackler this year, Travis Lewis (freshman) this year.

Stoops and his coaching staff have always had guys ready to play early in their career. Then again...they know what they're doing. It helps a young player when his coaches actually have a clue about the college game.

It's not just at OU, though. Every bowl game seems to have a good deal of freshmen and sophomores playing well...that's why those teams win. They can get players to play whether they are in year one or year four.

Us...well. We make excuses for our plethora of poor coaches.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Actually it's spot on with the "point" you were making. You referenced Bob Stoops and his saying that young players need time to develop...I referenced the fact that so many on this board believe that it is ok is they get pummeled in the meantime while they gain "seasoning."

If you couldn't catch on to this the first time I apologize.

Nope. I've never stated that it was alright to "get pummeled in the meantime," just pointing out that Stoops stated one of his recruits would need a little time to get up to the speed of D1 football. I don't compare our recruits to OU's as they are signing 4 and 5 star players to fill their classes. Most of our recruits need the time to adjust and unfortunately many were thrown in to the fire last year.