Nt Women Lose To Shsu

GrandGreen

nobody expected for her to come in and win 18-20 games in year 1....hell ill be happy if they win 15...i just think we needed to see improvment and we have, the game against Valpo when they were down 20 in the second half and came back to win would have NEVER happened under slinker...Coach Stephens is doing just fine and with another great recruting class and those new transfers in i expect next year to be much better!

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

We have to give Stephens some time. These kids are young, and the cupboard was empty. You can't expect too much. Maybe she can get some help from our football coaches.

That's a good idea. Many of the football players played like females this past season.

I think in this case Stephens has her work cut out since he got onto recruiting late in the game as well as cleaned house. Probably will see a marked improvement in Year2 with some studette recruits coming.

there's always next year at UNT. -_-

Edited by NT80

We have to give Stephens some time. These kids are young, and the cupboard was empty. You can't expect too much. Maybe she can get some help from our football coaches.

Sarcasm ignored, the cupboard was far from empty. She inherited first and second team pre-season all conference players and a team that was picked near the top. She had four starters returning although the second best player is now on indefinite suspension for whatever reason. The team did show great promise for two games, Valpo and New Mexico, and not much before or after. It is too early to give up on the team and they do play hard. It is also not guaranteed that the next year will be better. NT loses some of the best current players including Amber Jackson. On paper, SS's high school recruits are not necessarily any better than what Slinker normally signed. I do believe that the two transfers will be good players for NT and I think Stephens still has a couple of scholarships to give.

Again, it is way too early to tell if Stephens is the real deal or another good talker, bad coach like Trilli. I am all for discipline, but I am concerned with the number of players who have been suspended by Stephens. Slinker did not exactly recruit a bunch of thugs. Slinker's most heralded and the only post recruit was also apparently strongly encouraged to transfer. Even though not many care about woman's basketball, RV took a big chance on Stephens. picking her over much more experienced candidates. I like the coach's passion and have high hopes she will turn this around, but I have not been encouraged by the teams play in their latest games. With NT's general apathy toward woman's sports, there is no doubt Stephens will get every opportunity to be successful.