Dead Period

mean green d

Guest GrayEagleOne

Does anyone remember if this is a dead period in recruiting? I seem to recall a dead period toward the latter portion of bowl games.

GMG

Recruiting is in a dead period until January 2. Then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are a quiet period where recruits may come on campus but authorized coaches may not visit them off-campus. I believe that there are three other quiet days in January (the 11th is one; not sure about the other two). During the rest of the days in January a recruit can be visited off-campus if the recruiter has not exceeded six contacts.

NCAA DI

Recruiting Materials/Correspondence

A Division I college may not provide recruiting materials to a prospect in this sport (including e-mail, instant messages, text messages, faxes and general correspondence related to athletics) until September 1 at the beginning of the prospect's junior year in high school.

Telephone Calls

One telephone call to a prospect or prospect's relatives or legal guardian(s) may be made during May of the prospect's junior year in high school. Subsequent telephone calls may not be made prior to July 1 following the completion of the prospect's junior year in high school.

Contacts

In-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall not be made with a prospect or the prospect's relatives or legal guardian(s) prior to July 1 following the prospect's completion of the junior year in high school.

* Contact Periods November 27, 2008 through January 28, 2009 * Except quiet and dead periods listed below

* Evaluation Periods I-A: Six days during the months of September, October and through November 25, 2008 selected at the discretion of the institution. I-AA: 42 days during the months of September, October and through November 25, 2008 selected at the discretion of the institution & designated in writing in the office of the Director of Athletics.

* April 15, 2009 - May 31, 2009 * Except quiet period listed below. Four weeks (excluding Memorial Day & Sundays) selected at the discretion of the institution & designated in writing in the office of the Director of Athletics.

* Quiet Periods August 1, 2008 - November 25, 2008 * except for 1st Evaluation Period (above)

* December 17, 2008

* Friday, Saturday and Sunday when the first Friday in January is preceded by a dead day

* Sunday during the week of the annual convention of the American Football Coaches Assoc and Friday and Saturday after the completion of the convention

* February 4, 2009

* February 9, 2009 - April 14, 2009

* Those days in April/May 2009 not designated above for evaluation opportunities

* June 1, 2009 - July 31, 2009

* Dead Periods December 18, 2008 - January 1, 2009

* Weekdays during the first week of January when the first Monday in January is not a contact period

* February 5-8, 2009

* Monday through Thursday during the week of the annual convention of the American Football Coaches Association

Financial Aid Information

The limit on the total number of athletes per school (counters) that may receive a financial aid award in any academic year for Division I Men's Football is 85.0 for I-A and 63.0 for I-AA.

National Letter of Intent Signing Periods

Midyear JC Transfer: December 20, 2008 @ 7:00 A.M. - January 15, 2009

Regular Period: February 7, 2009 @ 7:00 A.M. - April 1, 2009

This should clarify any questions.