Deloach Recruiting...response Finally

OldTimer

This is from Vitto's latest blog "Most programs depend on their position coaches to do most of the recruiting. Coordinators help, but its the assistants that due the bulk of the work" I felt sure his blog had been linked on our board but wanted to visit on this subject. Mainly because there has been a lot of complaints posted on gmg about his lack of recruiting efforts.

Colleges can only put just some of their coaches out recruiting at the same time. Usually it is the position coaches that are out there., not the offense and defensive coordinators ...It is my understanding that DeLoach does some outside recruiting, but his job function is coordinate the other defensive position coaches to get players on board that he as defensive coordinator wants. He does contact players, and also works on recruiting prospects especially when they are on campus...

This is from Vitto's latest blog "Most programs depend on their position coaches to do most of the recruiting. Coordinators help, but its the assistants that due the bulk of the work" I felt sure his blog had been linked on our board but wanted to visit on this subject. Mainly because there has been a lot of complaints posted on gmg about his lack of recruiting efforts.

Colleges can only put just some of their coaches out recruiting at the same time. Usually it is the position coaches that are out there., not the offense and defensive coordinators ...It is my understanding that DeLoach does some outside recruiting, but his job function is coordinate the other defensive position coaches to get players on board that he as defensive coordinator wants. He does contact players, and also works on recruiting prospects especially when they are on campus...

That makes perfect sense. I am relieved.

"players that he as defensive coordinator wants"

I wish I could see his wish list of defensive players

that he wants. I bet the list of names is very impressive.

We only know about the names that are public knowledge,

so there is no way to know about all the top prospects that

are targeted. I can see DeLoach being very picky about

defensive players. I would say the propects mirror the

DeLoach attitude, mean and nasty! Hot damn!

Gary DeLoach has a plan, and he is following his

plan by recruiting the players that he wants!

The Mean will be back in the Green soon, my North

Texas faithful! Believe in Gary DeLoach!

Now, defensive player recruitment makes perfect sense under DeLoach. We are back to DD's "stealth recruiting" tactics, and that's fine with me.

********************************************************************************************

We have over 80 prospects posted by position on the FB forum and know about 48 offers.

Actually stealth recruiting under DD was he told his recruits....not to tell anyone about it. He didn't want the competition to steal one from him. The fans would not know who was committed until it hit the hometown newspapers or until the end of the season.

In todays process a recruit commits and the next day it is on Rivals. You would not see it on the general forum in years past but today its hits Rivals and its on the gmg general board the same day Rivals the player commits. I would believe DeLoach is working under the same procedures he did under DD.

Deep Green is correct in that I would believe there are a lot offers we are not aware of.

We have over 80 prospects posted by position on the FB forum and know about 48 offers.

Actually stealth recruiting under DD was he told his recruits....not to tell anyone about it. He didn't want the competition to steal one from him. The fans would not know who was committed until it hit the hometown newspapers or until the end of the season.

In todays process a recruit commits and the next day it is on Rivals. You would not see it on the general forum in years past but today its hits Rivals and its on the gmg general board the same day Rivals the player commits. I would believe DeLoach is working under the same procedures he did under DD.

Deep Green is correct in that I would believe there are a lot offers we are not aware of.

My post was tongue in cheek, but in reality, as Oldtimer points out, my hope is that DeLoach is on to some heavy duty defensive tackles and doesn't want anyone to know who they are until signing day. Stealth-like.