New Orleans

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've all been there. You're riding high, feeling good about yourself - and BAM! You get kicked in the Privateers.

All you can do is get up, rub your swollen, battered testicles, and limp away bow-legged to get ready for UTA.

We've all been there. You're riding high, feeling good about yourself - and BAM! You get kicked in the Privateers.

All you can do is get up, rub your swollen, battered testicles, and limp away bow-legged to get ready for UTA.

The problem is that we play UTA next and they gave a few kicks to the groin area as well over the past few years.

Honestly I didn't expect to win this game, winning 2 on the road is alot to ask. As disappointed as I am right now, I'm very happy with the split.

Beat UTA.

I fully expected to win. If we had even shot within 5% of our usual field goal %, we would have won. It wasn't like they had the best defense. We just missed open shots.

I fully expected to win. If we had even shot within 5% of our usual field goal %, we would have won. It wasn't like they had the best defense. We just missed open shots.

My radio is not high def, so I can't say how open the shots were, but I think I'll just give UNO some credit and call it a day.

You rarely shoot as well on the road as you do at home. I'm just saying...winning on the road in league play is always TOUGH. ULL and UNO have both been thorns in our side on the road(especially ULL), so I'm actually quite happy we went 1-1 on this trip.

Why can't we just play Houston Baptist 26 times a year? Or Cameron? Or SWAC teams? For the love of God!

Just playing, New Orleans is a good ball club and I believe this was the official re-opening of their basketball arena after being in that gym... Good game to JJ and the boys.

My radio is not high def, so I can't say how open the shots were, but I think I'll just give UNO some credit and call it a day.

My computer is, but unfortunately the feed is not HD. But trust me, we had many open looks that didn't drop. Nonetheless, UNO consistently made their shots, so here you go Quoner, UNO won because of the effort they gave.

Another 10-8 conference ho hum NT team? Can JJ ever get over the hump? This team has too much talent not to play a lot better than tonight. Bad defense, pass around with no urgency until someone throws up a three offense. With all this team speed why does NT continue to play a slow half court game? NT played like they were sitting on a lead. Maybe it was the 150 rowdy fans that appeared to be there that got to the Green.

I love the "this team has too much talent" stuff that always comes out. It's not like UNO doesn't have kids on scholarship. We did just get a split in two places where we have struggled. I'm gonna be happy with that. Sure, I would've loved to get 2, but what's done is done. Before the season I had us going 11-7 in league play...but I had BOTH of these as losses.

So we're ahead of my projections as we speak.

The West is already jumbled up & it's quite possible 11-7 or 12-6 is gonna win the division again this season.

I love the "this team has too much talent" stuff that always comes out. It's not like UNO doesn't have kids on scholarship. We did just get a split in two places where we have struggled. I'm gonna be happy with that. Sure, I would've loved to get 2, but what's done is done. Before the season I had us going 11-7 in league play...but I had BOTH of these as losses.

So we're ahead of my projections as we speak.

The West is already jumbled up & it's quite possible 11-7 or 12-6 is gonna win the division again this season.

Regardless of what your projections were....we were still a 5 pt. favorite tonight. Losses like this are what prevent us from ever having a magical season....where we win a helluva lot more conference games than we lose (something like 14-4 or better). Also, it'd be nice to have the type of season one year....where if we don't win the conference or the tourney....we'd have a good shot at a NIT or CBI bid. That's where losses like this one...can really come back to haunt us.

GMG

I can't disagree with you too much SUMG. I guess I just am thrilled we seem to be rolling along right about where I figured we'd be at this point. After the Cameron game we had alot of folks(myself included to a large degree) who were about ready to write the year off. If you asked most of us back in early November if we'd take 8-3, and a road split on our first conference road trip, after 11 games - I guarantee you we'd have said yes.

I can't disagree with you too much SUMG. I guess I just am thrilled we seem to be rolling along right about where I figured we'd be at this point. After the Cameron game we had alot of folks(myself included to a large degree) who were about ready to write the year off. If you asked most of us back in early November if we'd take 8-3, and a road split on our first conference road trip, after 11 games - I guarantee you we'd have said yes.

Yep....you are correct. Now that you mention it....we are way ahead of where I thought we'd be. (especially after seeing us at the Cameron game). Thanks for reminding me of some stuff, that I guess our good start.....had made me forget.

That's true, for me at least. I'd have taken 8-3 at this point in the season, however, I do understand where our fans can get frustrated with losses like these. At some point, we're going to have to take the next step in the development of the program, where we consistently win the conference games that we're favored in (without several conference letdowns a year). Competitive loses to teams like Western, UALR, USA, and ASU this year wouldn't bother me near as much.

Look at it like this. At least we are to the point where 20 wins is nice, but we still want more. I know we just got to this point, but if we ever stop wanting more than what we are doing then we will never get better. I am sure that this loss stings worse for our players.

Hell of a game tonight by Dykes that guy was money from the field tonight.

SUMG, you are still my hero for your never ending stream of eye candy avatars. I know you have heard this before, but from every guy on this board, thank you.

Hey guys, I'm not happy either. Just trying to put a nice spin on things. The sky isn't falling yet.

(I re-checked...actually had us going 12-6 in league play before the season)

Sorry, thats not what I was inferring. I would never doubt you or c-fish. I really am just happy, especially after the arse-whip that is football, that we can not just be satisfied with a winning team. We see the potential and we want these guys to be legen, wait for it, dery.