New Orleans

Probable Starters -

PG. Charles Carmouche 6'2" 175 Fr. (2.3ppg, 2.1rpg, 0.8apg)

SG. T.J. Worley 6'4" 205 Sr. (16.6ppg, 2.8rpg, 0.8apg)

SF. Kyndall Dykes 6'4" 190 Sr. (15.2ppg, 4.8rpg, 1.8apg)

PF. Ejike Hart 6'7" 225 Jr. (3.1ppg, 5.8rpg, 0.6)

C. Jaroslav Tyrna 6'10" 220 Soph. (8.6ppg, 6.3rpg, 1.0apg)

Key Reserves -

G. Darrian McKinstry 5'11" 175 Jr. (13.7ppg, 2.2apg, 47% 3pt FG)

F. Johann Mpondo 6'8" 220 Fr. (3.0ppg, 3.8rpg)

G. Destin Damachoua 6'1" 185 Jr. (3.2ppg, 1.7rpg)

G. Justin Archie 6'0" 170 Soph. (2.2ppg, 42% 3pt FG)

F. Obi Ikeakor 6'8" 240 Jr. (1.9ppg, 1.4rpg)

Much like ULL…UNO struggled out of the gate, losing their first four games…all four though lacked the services of star wing Kyndall Dykes. Since Dykes returned to the Privateers have rattled off four of six...though their loss two nights ago to ULM is one I’m sure they’d love to have back. Joining Dykes by chucking up as many shot as they can from 20’9” out will be senior T.J. Worley and junior Darrian McKinstry. Tyrna is the only offensive threat in the frontcourt…but the troika of Hart, Mpondo and Ikeakor give coach Joe Pasternak plenty of interior presence and rebounding.

I was a lot more concerned about this game a few nights ago…but having seen UNO lay out against ULM the other night…a very bad ULM team…I’m feeling considerably more confident in a UNT victory.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Triston Thompson can stay hot, I feel like we can win any game in the belt. We have very balanced contributions from a variety of players game in and game out, both from the bench and starters. All we need is one guard, presumably Triston, to put up big numbers with the other players making their contributions, however small, and we will win.

Edited by chrisfisher

Good analysis of our club. I would add, though, that the embarrassment to ULM should probably worry you a bit more than it is. Since Dykes' return, performances like ULM are the exception and not the rule. We have actually played pretty good ball. Our only other loss was at home against Ole Miss in a game that was up for grabs in the final six minutes. They made the plays down the stretch and beat us in the end when it counted, but we played a good ball game. Coming off that admittedly terrible performance on Friday night I expect our team to play pretty well at home. The Mean Green are certainly the favorites tonight, but I think they'll have to play well to get the win. I don't anticipate UNO gift-wrapping another game immediately following the ULM loss.

And regarding Bo...he did have some incredible games against UNT but you guys aren't the only ones happy to see him overseas!

Enjoy the game. If any of you end up needing it, our audio is free at wgso.com. Our play-by-play guy is a real treat to listen to.