Games Around The Belt 12-20

untlynchka

The ASU vs. UALR is listed on ESPN as a ESPN360 game, but when you check ESPN360 is it not listed. Also Stephen F. Austin plays Arkansas on ESPN360. I am kind of interested in this game since we play Arkansas very soon.... but I'll probably be watching the Cowboys tonight instead.... If SFA can even hang with Arkansas then I like our chances for a win.

The ASU vs. UALR is listed on ESPN as a ESPN360 game, but when you check ESPN360 is it not listed. Also Stephen F. Austin plays Arkansas on ESPN360. I am kind of interested in this game since we play Arkansas very soon.... but I'll probably be watching the Cowboys tonight instead.... If SFA can even hang with Arkansas then I like our chances for a win.

Isn't the SFA coach an UNT alum? He's done a great job down there with that program.

I've actually been really impressed with the job of several of the coaches in the SLC.

Sunbelt games tonight

ASU vs. UALR: Big early season division game.

Troy vs. UAB : Would be a nice win for the belt.

Colo. St. vs. Den.: See above.

MTSU vs. UCI: Would be a bad loss for the belt.

USA vs. FIU : Should be a blowout.

Sorry I'm not as good at this as CBL.

The ASU/UALR game should be entertaining...and it should be interesting to see what kind of game UALR decides to play, they're normal slow it down defensive struggle that netted them a 59-51 loss at Memphis...or the running game they played right before that in an 97-85 victory against Norther Illinois. My bet, though, is that John Brady views this game as a chance to make a statement to the rest of the conference and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a ASU blow out win.

Saying a troy win would be nice is a gigantic understatement...short of WKU's win against Louisville I think a Troy win tonight would be the best Belt win this season. UAB is good...3 losses to Cincinati, Oklahoma and Boston College (all within 10 points)...a nice win at Arizona...and they've already beaten Troy by 21 on the Trojan's home floor.

I give Denver a much better chance...Colorado State is pretty bad...they've lost 5 in a row, 7 of 8 (only win was against UNO, sheesh)...included in that streak was a loss to some DII school called St. Martin's. Denver certainly hasn't been great, but they've won 2 in a row and have been working a bunch of freshmen into a complicated offense...and I think it might be starting to click.

I quit sports if MTSU loses again

I feel bad for FIU...they've only had 5 guys play in all 11 games, 1 a true freshman, one a walk-on...two of their three top players haven't suited up yet (Alex Galindo, Josue Soto) b/c of injuries, then they lost the third of that group (Russell Hicks) to an injury 4 games ago. Other key pieces (J.C. Otero, Tremayne Russell, Freddy Aspirilla) have either not played or missed significant time. They're schedule does set up favorably to make a push in conference (this is their last conference game until after New Years), assuming their health improves by 2009. All that said..USA should run them out of the gym tonight...taking out some frustration after their close loss to WKU.

MTSU vs. UCI: Would be a bad loss for the belt.

It would be a bad loss for Lake Dallas Middle School. You have no idea how horrendously bad Irvine is this year. Bad year for Pat Douglass' contract to be up. They haven't offered and extension yet.

Sigh. I've got UNT football and UCI basketball. When the heck does baseball season start?

The ASU/UALR game should be entertaining...and it should be interesting to see what kind of game UALR decides to play, they're normal slow it down defensive struggle that netted them a 59-51 loss at Memphis...or the running game they played right before that in an 97-85 victory against Norther Illinois. My bet, though, is that John Brady views this game as a chance to make a statement to the rest of the conference and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a ASU blow out win.

Saying a troy win would be nice is a gigantic understatement...short of WKU's win against Louisville I think a Troy win tonight would be the best Belt win this season. UAB is good...3 losses to Cincinati, Oklahoma and Boston College (all within 10 points)...a nice win at Arizona...and they've already beaten Troy by 21 on the Trojan's home floor.

I give Denver a much better chance...Colorado State is pretty bad...they've lost 5 in a row, 7 of 8 (only win was against UNO, sheesh)...included in that streak was a loss to some DII school called St. Martin's. Denver certainly hasn't been great, but they've won 2 in a row and have been working a bunch of freshmen into a complicated offense...and I think it might be starting to click.

I feel bad for FIU...they've only had 5 guys play in all 11 games, 1 a true freshman, one a walk-on...two of their three top players haven't suited up yet (Alex Galindo, Josue Soto) b/c of injuries, then they lost the third of that group (Russell Hicks) to an injury 4 games ago. Other key pieces (J.C. Otero, Tremayne Russell, Freddy Aspirilla) have either not played or missed significant time. They're schedule does set up favorably to make a push in conference (this is their last conference game until after New Years), assuming their health improves by 2009. All that said..USA should run them out of the gym tonight...taking out some frustration after their close loss to WKU.

showoff