Signed Loi's

OldTimer

So will this give us 3 or 4 new WR's for next season?

You would believe from board comments that DD is just signing and stockpiling WR after WR. As of right now NT has LOI from 2 JCs and 1 HS...to replace 5 WR's who are gone from last years team.

1. Sam Dibrell quit the team

2. Marcus King chose to leave

3. Fitzgerald graduated

4. Brock Stickler graduated

5. Kory Washington told to leave

6. Evan Fentriss....didn't play couldn't overcome injuries...don't know if he should count here...assuming he can play next year?????

*************************************************************************************

I may be having trouble reading, but how many of these three will be able to contribute on the DL?

Another obvious question and answer:

I can't blame NT for not only trying to land DT's. but quality DT's ...ie highly sought after...I can remember off hand 7-3* JC's that NT offerred....one Atkinsin...who is still committed...but can't sign until February for delivery next Fall. It seems the APR losses ( which resulted from DD's last 3 classes) limited the number of Dec committments NT has available, NT received a commit from one they wanted...but he is not lost yet...just not a Dec grad.

Hardly any news on other offers for Outlaw. He's also listed at 5-10, 190 onthe team roster...probably in reality a 5-8 or 5-9 kid who weighs in the 170s.

My worry now is that we're taking JUCO who may not qualify academically. There are always reasons guys don't sign or show, but with JUCO - amazing as it is - it's usually academic.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Hardly any news on other offers for Outlaw. He's also listed at 5-10, 190 onthe team roster...probably in reality a 5-8 or 5-9 kid who weighs in the 170s.

My worry now is that we're taking JUCO who may not qualify academically. There are always reasons guys don't sign or show, but with JUCO - amazing as it is - it's usually academic.

I don't know why Outlaw didn't have more offers but I'd guess that he made it clear from the gitgo that he wanted to go to Mississippi State (he is from Starkville). That may have caused others to back off when you have only one school on your preferred list.

He was the 12th ranked JUCO receiver with more catches (5) and more yards (176) than Jamaal Jackson.

As we know from Horton, Edwards, et al, academics can be a detriment to recruiting JC players. It's having an effect on the Atkinsin signing and maybe some of the ones that we wonder why there are no LOIs from comitments or offers to others who have us on their preferred list.

Kudos to Coach Gandy, who is doing a very good job on the Mississippi JC recruits.

I don't know why Outlaw didn't have more offers but I'd guess that he made it clear from the gitgo that he wanted to go to Mississippi State (he is from Starkville). That may have caused others to back off when you have only one school on your preferred list.

He was the 12th ranked JUCO receiver with more catches (5) and more yards (176) than Jamaal Jackson.

As we know from Horton, Edwards, et al, academics can be a detriment to recruiting JC players. It's having an effect on the Atkinsin signing and maybe some of the ones that we wonder why there are no LOIs from comitments or offers to others who have us on their preferred list.

Kudos to Coach Gandy, who is doing a very good job on the Mississippi JC recruits.

Mississippi State has a commitment (and may have signed) Outlaw's teammate....WR Leon Berry.

You would believe from board comments that DD is just signing and stockpiling WR after WR. As of right now NT has LOI from 2 JCs and 1 HS...to replace 5 WR's who are gone from last years team.

1. Sam Dibrell quit the team

2. Marcus King chose to leave

3. Fitzgerald graduated

4. Brock Stickler graduated

5. Kory Washington told to leave

6. Evan Fentriss....didn't play couldn't overcome injuries...don't know if he should count here...assuming he can play next year?????

*************************************************************************************

Another obvious question and answer:

I can't blame NT for not only trying to land DT's. but quality DT's ...ie highly sought after...I can remember off hand 7-3* JC's that NT offerred....one Atkinsin...who is still committed...but can't sign until February for delivery next Fall. It seems the APR losses ( which resulted from DD's last 3 classes) limited the number of Dec committments NT has available, NT received a commit from one they wanted...but he is not lost yet...just not a Dec grad.

DD, as in Darrell Dickey??!??!!??!?! I haven't been on gmg much lately but I hope we haven't hired Dickey back, have we??

Regarding Fentriss, it was my understanding that he gave up football completely and won't be back next year.