Ul - Lafayette

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great wire to wire win. That gives me more confidence in this team's ability to get up and stay up. The poor FT shooting is nothing new, but it's good that we had a big enough lead to compensate for that. Thompson played great, Tramiel with 10/9 and Johnson with 9/7 is great. I'm worried about how White has been shooting the ball lately and he again had another poor shooting game. Dennis and Odufuwa both shot poorly as well. But when 3 of your top guys shoot that poorly and you still win, that says something about the other guys stepping up. If Thompson can play like this the whole season it will really take the load off White and maybe he will be able to get some better looks.

Great wire to wire win. That gives me more confidence in this team's ability to get up and stay up. The poor FT shooting is nothing new, but it's good that we had a big enough lead to compensate for that. Thompson played great, Tramiel with 10/9 and Johnson with 9/7 is great. I'm worried about how White has been shooting the ball lately and he again had another poor shooting game. Dennis and Odufuwa both shot poorly as well. But when 3 of your top guys shoot that poorly and you still win, that says something about the other guys stepping up. If Thompson can play like this the whole season it will really take the load off White and maybe he will be able to get some better looks.

Hank just said we won the battle of the board 46-35......

ULL's size posed a real problem for us in the first half. However, the Mean Green seemed to really adjust to the size differential in the second half. What was apparent, and something Hank also noted, was that ULL could not deal with the speed on this team... that is what won the game for us.

Also, like others, I am not super thrilled with a small front court duo in White/Johnson, but we just played one of the largest teams in the league and beat them handily with it. Perhaps the speed that White and especially Johnson bring makes up for some of the height.

I was too busy getting drunk and throwing sharp projectiles at a cork board to concern myself with last nights game...but from reading the updates it seems we controlled this one wire to wire. This is a really nice win and a great way to kick off conference play...and honestly it kinda surprised me. Just some quick observations...

1. UNT missed 38 shots from the field...40% of those misses were blocked...how does a team get 15 blocks in a game?

2. UNT made as many three pointers as they did free throws...and shot almost 15% better from 20'9" as opposed to 10'.

3. Another nice night from Tramiel...almost a double-double.

4. Best game of the year for Dominique Johnson

5. TT is a stud

I was too busy getting drunk and throwing sharp projectiles at a cork board to concern myself with last nights game...but from reading the updates it seems we controlled this one wire to wire. This is a really nice win and a great way to kick off conference play...and honestly it kinda surprised me. Just some quick observations...

1. UNT missed 38 shots from the field...40% of those misses were blocked...how does a team get 15 blocks in a game?

2. UNT made as many three pointers as they did free throws...and shot almost 15% better from 20'9" as opposed to 10'.

5. TT is a stud

Something like 11 or 12 of the 15 blocks were all in the first half. We seemed to adjust to the size better in the 2nd half.

5. TT is a stud

Also, about 10 of those would have been called fouls on almost any other night. The refs weren't calling a whole lot around the rim last night.

If coaching compensation were based on winning percentage, and a .083 winning percentage earns $275,000, then if the men's bb team doesn't win another game all year, assuming a total of 30 games, Johnny Jones should be earning $883,534.

Say what you will about blocked shots, close games, playing time, hustle or lack thereof, free throws, refs, cheerleaders, hardwood floor shininess, or the length of the green hair wigs in the student section. I see 8 notches under the W column so far. That's pretty good.