Mtsu Men Lose To Belmont

untgeorge

MTSU has a long history of mediocre production from very good talent.

There is still a good chance they will be contenders in the belt this year. They are loaded with talent and most likely will be ready on new year's eve.

My belief is that it is next to impossible for college BB teams to play at maximum intensity for 30+ games. One of my favorite quotes from ex Phi Slamma Jamma announcer Reid Gettys is "You play over your head for five games, you have five stinkers and you have 20 games that reflect who you really are."

MTSU has a long history of mediocre production from very good talent.

There is still a good chance they will be contenders in the belt this year. They are loaded with talent and most likely will be ready on new year's eve.

My belief is that it is next to impossible for college BB teams to play at maximum intensity for 30+ games. One of my favorite quotes from ex Phi Slamma Jamma announcer Reid Gettys is "You play over your head for five games, you have five stinkers and you have 20 games that reflect who you really are."

Good quote from Gettys.

MTSU is close to having their five stinkers.

Hudson still hurt, I guess, he played only 11 mins vs Belmont. Not that Hudson is a worldbeater, but the other two bigs are producing nothing. Without an effective big, MTSU is a small team. My recollection is that 6-9 Hair was highly thought of, if so he must be a big disappointment.

Hudson still hurt, I guess, he played only 11 mins vs Belmont. Not that Hudson is a worldbeater, but the other two bigs are producing nothing. Without an effective big, MTSU is a small team. My recollection is that 6-9 Hair was highly thought of, if so he must be a big disappointment.

Hudson is still hurt and limited, but the biggest thing holding the Raiders down is an injury our PG Nigel Johnson suffered, Coach Davis is thinking of resting him completely during the upcoming three game tournament at Missouri State. The team really hasn't been healthy at all this season and the out-of conference record is going to be mediocre at best...

Gomiddle.com's Randall Thomason has a game article that gives a good sense of where things are at with the Blue Raiders:

Belmont 82, MT 69: Inside the box

Hudson is still hurt and limited, but the biggest thing holding the Raiders down is an injury our PG Nigel Johnson suffered, Coach Davis is thinking of resting him completely during the upcoming three game tournament at Missouri State. The team really hasn't been healthy at all this season and the out-of conference record is going to be mediocre at best...

Gomiddle.com's Randall Thomason has a game article that gives a good sense of where things are at with the Blue Raiders:

Belmont 82, MT 69: Inside the box

I have no doubt that somehow all your players will have miraculously healed by 12/31/08 when we play, and that it will be one heck of game.

They almost upset Duke in the NCAA tournament last year as well.

Belmont apparently gets up for some games. They played Tennessee hard, did the same earlier vs Pitt. Have lost to Jacksonville (2-6) and Austin Peay (7-5, lost to SFA). Hard to figure.

Does put a different slant on MTSUs lost to Belmont.